Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

New with question about teacher skilled 189 visa

New with question about teacher skilled 189 visa

Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Monesue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New with question about teacher skilled 189 visa

Hi everyone,
My partner and I, along with our 3 kids, are at the very beginning of this process. I'm currently gathering everything I need for my skills assessment as a secondary teacher of English. I'm hoping someone can help with a question I have!

I completed my PGCE in 2005 and as I'm in Scotland did a probation year (which incidentally took longer than expected due to a surprise pregnancy!) so I never got full registration until May 2007.

My question is, 'can I use my probation year as paid work experience or does it start from full registration?'

I am also under the impression from what I have read that paid maternity leave counts towards work experience and wondered if that was actually true!

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer and look forward to getting to know you!!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New with question about teacher skilled 189 visa

Most occupations only count post qualified experience.

Yes, matarnity leave can be included.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for the reply.
Since posting I have read that Nqt and probation years have been counted towards work experience on a couple of quite old posts.

Is there an official way of finding out?

Without my probation I have only completed 4 years but with I can claim point for over 5 years experience. I don't want to claim for points I'm not entitled to.

We aren't planning to use an agent to keep costs down and I've read that the process for teacher Is fairly straightforward!!
Thanks
Old Feb 28th 2015, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

If you contact the assessment body, they will tell you if they will include it.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks! Just fired off an email to them!