NEGATIVE ASSESSMENT

Old May 12th 2015, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

clue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEGATIVE ASSESSMENT

hello all,
i applied for assessment as general accountant on the basis of Bsc hons in applied accounting from Oxford Brookes University .To which CPA australia replied that " although my Bachelors degree is equivalent to an australian bachelors degree but i do not qualify for a positive assessment as i havent studied one unit out of nine units that is the ACCOUNTING THEORY. I was given the option to give that exam unit.

Should i give that exam unit or apply for assessment to any other assessing body.
Has anyone dealt with the same situation ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old May 14th 2015, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

ashftc89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEGATIVE ASSESSMENT

My fiance has applied with CPA as general accountant without OBU but she is an ACCA member. I assume you're part qualified, please correct me if I am wrong. If that's the case, then I'd suggest that another assessment from another body will take some 300-500$ and there's no certainty that the outcome will swing. However, if you clear this paper with CPA, at least you'd be certain about the outcome and I believe it's a cost effective option too. Rest, is your call Good luck
Old May 26th 2015, 12:11 am
Account Closed

MarkHoath is on a distinguished road

you should do the unit.

cheers

Mark
Old Jun 1st 2015, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

clue is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the replies