Need urgent help on 457

Old Mar 8th 2014, 8:32 am
Just Joined

AJAIN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need urgent help on 457

My friend is planning to apply for visa 457 from India as a primary applicant. But recently he found that his spouse is 2 months pregnant and she will not be able to undergo x-ray examination. His spouse is supposed to go with him. But he is now confused on below points:

1) Should he mention about her pregnancy in form 1221. In that case he thinks that both of their visas will be kept on hold until the baby is born. Please help.
2) If he don't mention the same in form 1221 and let the immigration know about this during health examination. In that case also will their visa be kept on hold or the immigration let her go with him and keep the medical on hold till baby is born. Will this have any impact on the status of Primary Applicant also.

Please suggest what should be his approach on this as he has to go to Australia.

Thanks
Old Mar 8th 2014, 8:42 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need urgent help on 457

Originally Posted by AJAIN
My friend is planning to apply for visa 457 from India as a primary applicant. But recently he found that his spouse is 2 months pregnant and she will not be able to undergo x-ray examination. His spouse is supposed to go with him. But he is now confused on below points:

1) Should he mention about her pregnancy in form 1221. In that case he thinks that both of their visas will be kept on hold until the baby is born. Please help.
2) If he don't mention the same in form 1221 and let the immigration know about this during health examination. In that case also will their visa be kept on hold or the immigration let her go with him and keep the medical on hold till baby is born. Will this have any impact on the status of Primary Applicant also.

Please suggest what should be his approach on this as he has to go to Australia.

Thanks
Has your friend been offered sponsorship?

If medicals are required then they will include everyone on the visa application. Also on a 457, they would need to obtain medical insurance and I don't know how pregnancy would affect the cost and ability to obtain insurance, and then there would be the costs involved with giving birth in Australia. If the spouse is unable to undergo health checks, the sponsoring company may withdraw the offer or ask your friend to travel alone and not include spouse in application.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Yes he is sponsored by his company......
But what if he mention about his wife status only during medical.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

What of it? What do you mean, I don't see the point in keeping quiet on anything here..

If they require medicals then if she cannot do them, yes it will delay the visa until she can. But 457 applicants don't always need medicals. So they will just have to wait and see.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for reply.

But will it keep the visa status of primary applicant also on hold in this case.
Also since he is from high risk country, both of them have to go for x ray.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for reply.

But will it keep the visa status of primary applicant also on hold in this case.
Also since he is from high risk country, both of them have to go for x ray.
Why does it matter? Are you saying he would go without his pregnant wife?

Perhaps this just isn't the time for them to be moving.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If his wife does have a medical and an xray then the fact she is pregnant will be noted on the forms, and those forms go to DIBP. So whether you also tell them in a change of crcumstances form is irrelevant.
Has she also considered the cost and complexities of being pregnant and giving birth in a totally new country?
Old Mar 9th 2014, 4:01 am
Just Joined

But she will be accompanying him only for 2 months then she is planning to come back to India and stay with her laws. My find will come during last 2 months of pregnancy...

I he mention about her pregnancy during very onset of the visa process then will DIBP will keep both the visa application on hold or will it keep only his wife application on hold?

Also if my frnd goes without her wife on 457 visa, can she accompanying her later on any other category of visa.please suggest.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 4:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But she will be accompanying him only for 2 months then she is planning to come back to India and stay with her laws. My find will come during last 2 months of pregnancy...

I he mention about her pregnancy during very onset of the visa process then will DIBP will keep both the visa application on hold or will it keep only his wife application on hold?

Also if my frnd goes without her wife on 457 visa, can she accompanying her later on any other category of visa.please suggest.

I just don't get why you are so hung up on "when to tell" DIBP. They will find out soon enough. There is one visa application, if one of them cannot take medicals then they will not process for one applicant and not the other.

So if he really thinks this job is worth abandoning his pregnant wife for and from your questions, presumably he does, then he would have to take her off his application.

I do understand that different cultures have different acceptable norms, but he should certainly be prepared for his new western colleagues to not comprehend this.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

So he is planning a 2month plus leave period within 6months of starting employment in a new country and company. Does he still expect to have a job to return to Australia to.... I know my employer as generous as they can be wouldn't consider this for someone they also have to sponsor.......
Old Mar 9th 2014, 8:08 am
Just Joined

I completely agree with you....but my friend is also in dilemma.
No he will not be on leave but work from his home country remotely...

As per what you have just said, when there is one visa application and when the wife cannot under go medical then the visa of both the applicants(primary & secondary) is kept on hold. Is it?

Can her wife join her on tourist visa few days later on their cost?
Old Mar 9th 2014, 9:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I completely agree with you....but my friend is also in dilemma.
No he will not be on leave but work from his home country remotely...

As per what you have just said, when there is one visa application and when the wife cannot under go medical then the visa of both the applicants(primary & secondary) is kept on hold. Is it?

Can her wife join her on tourist visa few days later on their cost?
Yes, the application would be put on hold for all applicants.

Possibly the wife can apply for a tourist visa but if she is pregnant and has a husband working here it's pretty unlikely to be approved. And if it is approved I would expect she would get an awful hard time once she tries to rock up at the Australian immigration desk at the airport.

There is no reason why a pregnant woman cannot undergo a chest X-ray. The X-ray facility just needs to know she's pregnant so they can use a lead shield for the abdomen to protect the baby.

It might be an idea if your friend signs up for his own account so he can ask questions and get the answers firsthand.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks for reply....

For now my friend has decided to go alone for visa initiation process. Later on when his baby is born he will initiate visa for both of them.
But can her wife travel on tourist visa before & after the baby is born. Also can he initiate the 457 visa for them later on once the baby is born.

Last edited by AJAIN; Mar 10th 2014 at 11:52 am.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

There is an option to add a subsequent dependent to a 457 visa application at a later stage - assuming the sponsoring employer is willing to sponsor the additional dependents.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Thanks everyone for reply.

For now my friend has decided to go alone on 457. His wife and baby will join later on. Also he had discuss this with his company who agreed to sponsor them once they are ready to fly.

In the mean time, on what visa can his parents or siblings join him for sometime?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.