Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Need to notify immigration about speeding fine?

Need to notify immigration about speeding fine?

Old Oct 30th 2008, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice
Default Need to notify immigration about speeding fine?

Do I need to let immigration know if I get a speeding fine driving onshore with an Australia licence after applying for a PR visa?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:16 am
Just Joined

happythoughts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need to notify immigration about speeding fine?

Originally Posted by looky
Do I need to let immigration know if I get a speeding fine driving onshore with an Australia licence after applying for a PR visa?
Same line of question...
OH has has points removed from driving licence...do I inform immigration. Will it have a negative impact on application. I am the primary applicant.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

In England all speeding fines are not classed as criminal conviction so you wouldnt have to declare them as don't give you a criminal record.

Maybe its the same for Australia? I would imagine they wouldn't be concerned about a speeding fine though.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

I would definatly declare it because it will definatly not harm your application as it is very minor, however if they do find out that you have ommited it they may wonder why and if you have ommited anything else??
We have declared speeding fines as have many others and whilst i cannot speak for us yet, it has not effected other peoples applications!
Good Luck!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
I would definatly declare it because it will definatly not harm your application as it is very minor, however if they do find out that you have ommited it they may wonder why and if you have ommited anything else??
We have declared speeding fines as have many others and whilst i cannot speak for us yet, it has not effected other peoples applications!
Good Luck!

The visa application was submitted before the speeding fine occurred so I would not think 'omitting' as you mentioned applies.

Just wondering what is the standard practice for this senario.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just checked with the immigration hotline and the GSM hotline and got two different responses to two different visa type.
  1. I was told by the general helpline to mail in a letter informing the state office where you applied the visa for regional sponsored visa but it wouldn't affect the application at all.
  2. I was told by the GSM helpline that there is no need to inform them of a speeding fine.
Hope this is uiseful to others with similar queries.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Just forget it..no need of telling them about speeding fines...

of course you have to tell if you knocked someone and kill by speeding... else just forget it you would be fine.

Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:49 am
Just Joined

happythoughts is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice everyone!!!!