Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Nature of the legal right - Partner visa application - Form 47SP

Nature of the legal right - Partner visa application - Form 47SP

Old Nov 12th 2015, 12:08 am
Just Joined

Gnmcvey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nature of the legal right - Partner visa application - Form 47SP

What does this mean? It is on form 47SP, question 34.1.

Full question: do you have the sole right to determine where each child shall live or to remove each child from their home country?

The answer is no as my partner is the mother of my child and is my sponsor, she's a permanent resident.

I've given all the detail I can but the last question is "Nature of the legal right". What does this mean?

Any help would be most welcome.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 4:15 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nature of the legal right - Partner visa application - Form 47SP

The question is trying to determine if you need to obtain someone else's permission to take a child out of the country. You do not have the sole right from what you have written. There is space to write who else has this right, and that is where you put your partner.
The nature of legal right is asking if you have this permission, either on your own or shared with your partner, because you are a sole or joint parent or was it given to you by a court, eg you have sole custody of the child. If you are the parent, put that down.
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 10:45 am
Just Joined

Gnmcvey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I've put down "Parent" as the legal right of my partner to our child.
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 1:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gnmcvey
Thanks, I've put down "Parent" as the legal right of my partner to our child.