RRV Help!

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

terryjan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RRV Help!

Hello all.

Our 5yr RRV expires in January.
We currently, do not intend on making the move before it expires but want to keep a valid visa.
We do not meet the 2 year's out the 5 spent in Australia rule.
We are considering, going out before it expires for a few months, if this was to help us.
Could the following options be considered as compelling reasons:
1: If I remain in OZ and my wife is in the UK, can you she apply to the London office, based on the fact that I am in OZ and so she has a substantial tie?
2: If we were both in OZ and we was (or one of us was leaving for the UK) to apply whilst onshore for a RRV?
3: A compelling reason for not being in Australia during the 5 yr RRV was due to a serious accident that required two operations and a litigation case. Would this be viewed as a compelling reason for our absence?
4: If none of the above are feasible, what is considered a beneficial tie? Owning a property? Or if we were to set up a small Ltd Company business? Would we have to proof that the business had a $turn-over?

Any help or advise would now be very much appreciated.
Thankyou.
Terry
Old Dec 4th 2007, 3:29 am
Banned

LIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to all
Default Re: RRV Help!

Hello Terry
Can you please provide more information on the accidents and the litigation as this appears to fit within the DIAC PAM guidelines for compelling.
The more information I have the more informed an answer I will be able to provide you.
This is a very interesting case. I have recently just taken on a similar RRV matter, however the applicant has strong family ties to Australia.
Please advise when your original permanent residency was granted.
What is the subclass of visa that you hold?
A lot of this is about how well the submission is prepared and documented. The case officer needs to be convinced.
Liana Allan
Old Dec 4th 2007, 3:36 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV Help!

Originally Posted by terryjan
Hello all.

Our 5yr RRV expires in January.
We currently, do not intend on making the move before it expires but want to keep a valid visa.
We do not meet the 2 year's out the 5 spent in Australia rule.
We are considering, going out before it expires for a few months, if this was to help us.
If you really want to keep open the option of living in Australia long term, why don't you come to Australia for a few years, get citizenship and then make up your mind about where you might like to be?

However if your visa expires in January then time is rapidly running out.