Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

My Occupation has been removed from SA in demand list!

My Occupation has been removed from SA in demand list!

Old May 1st 2013, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

gossage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Occupation has been removed from SA in demand list!

I have just noticed that program/project administrator has been removed. It is now on as an off list job. So out of reach for me. Totally gutted as I have spent a lot of money getting skills assessed and sitting the IELTS. It is on WA list currently but isn't where we wanted to go.

Anyone know if occupations come back on to state lists??

Totally gutted
Old May 1st 2013, 9:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Occupation has been removed from SA in demand list!

Originally Posted by gossage
I have just noticed that program/project administrator has been removed. It is now on as an off list job. So out of reach for me. Totally gutted as I have spent a lot of money getting skills assessed and sitting the IELTS. It is on WA list currently but isn't where we wanted to go.

Totally gutted
If the State feels the skill is on demand again they might put it back on the list, yes.
Old May 2nd 2013, 4:22 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Totally gutted
You can wait, as Pollyana has said, or you can think about WA. There are worst fates in life than living in Perth, and depending on the visa you will be free to move to SA soon enough. Look on the bright side - there are millions of people who want to move to Australia and stand no chance at all. You have a chance.
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Yeah I can still apply to WA and probably will. But we don't want to leave the UK until our son finishes primary school next summer. Therefore we can't really apply until september-ish because of the police certificate/medicals expiring. Just hope it stays on the list in WA. Is also on ACT but 'really' don't fancy living there at all.
Old May 2nd 2013, 9:39 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I can still apply to WA and probably will. But we don't want to leave the UK until our son finishes primary school next summer. Therefore we can't really apply until september-ish because of the police certificate/medicals expiring. Just hope it stays on the list in WA. Is also on ACT but 'really' don't fancy living there at all.
I've never been drawn to ACT either, but some say it's very nice, with real seasons, etc.
Old May 7th 2013, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

ClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to allClaireLo1980 is a name known to all

Totally gutted
This became full last October time as that is exactly what happened to me. My advise, dont wait, apply for WA. We did and I have now got my visa, leaving in December.

You only need to stick it out in WA for 2 years then you can go anywhere you want.

DONT WAIT. If I waited to see if it would go back on I wouldnt be in the position I am in now.
Old May 8th 2013, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

You don't need to send your police and medicals with the visa application so don't worry about this. If necessary you can always validate your visa with a holiday rather than risk your occupation going from another states list.
Old May 8th 2013, 11:32 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

with the state of the economy i think more and more occupations will be removed from the lists.
Old May 17th 2013, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spottydog
You don't need to send your police and medicals with the visa application so don't worry about this. If necessary you can always validate your visa with a holiday rather than risk your occupation going from another states list.
I thought you had to send the police certificate and medicals off once you were invited to apply? Is this not correct??? I am confused about it all then. I don't want to waste money going on a holiday there to activate the visas would rather just move over - but that is in a perfect world of course.

So I get my IELTS, skills assessment and then submit and EOI. If invited to apply I have 60 days to submit an application - is that correct? When do we need police certificates and medicals doing? And is it true that you have to enter Oz before these expire which is 12 months after issue?

Thanks Sharon
Old May 18th 2013, 12:44 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you had to send the police certificate and medicals off once you were invited to apply? Is this not correct??? I am confused about it all then. I don't want to waste money going on a holiday there to activate the visas would rather just move over - but that is in a perfect world of course.

So I get my IELTS, skills assessment and then submit and EOI. If invited to apply I have 60 days to submit an application - is that correct? When do we need police certificates and medicals doing? And is it true that you have to enter Oz before these expire which is 12 months after issue?

Thanks Sharon
Hi Sharon - when a CO is assigned to your application, they will check through everything, ask for any additional information, and advise you to do medicals and police checks at the appropriate time. Once a visa is issued, you will have 12 months after the date of the earliest of these to make a first entry to Australia - it is up to you whether you make this a short visit or your permanent move. If you want it to be permanent,then the longer you have to organise things is always a good thing.

Good luck