Moving from UK 2 AUS

Old Apr 21st 2018, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Craig Button is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moving from UK 2 AUS

So after visiting a few friends on a few occasions in aus my partner and I have decided we want to emigrate to Sydney with our 5 year old daughter
My partner is a qualified nursery nurse and also a healthcare support work currently studying for her nursing degree with a year left
I’m just a courier with a few qualifications in logistics which I don’t think would be recognised over there
We just want to know what would be the best route to go down regarding being excepted in to the country,working etc etc
We have someone who will let us stay with them until we find a place as well also could potentially get me a job working for the company they work for
Lots of different people tell us different ways and means of coming
But it’s hard work trying to find out what we really have to do
We just want to get the ball rolling now
Any info or help would be appreciated guys
Thank you for reading
Old Apr 21st 2018, 11:34 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from UK 2 AUS

Originally Posted by Craig Button
So after visiting a few friends on a few occasions in aus my partner and I have decided we want to emigrate to Sydney with our 5 year old daughter
My partner is a qualified nursery nurse and also a healthcare support work currently studying for her nursing degree with a year left
I’m just a courier with a few qualifications in logistics which I don’t think would be recognised over there
We just want to know what would be the best route to go down regarding being excepted in to the country,working etc etc
We have someone who will let us stay with them until we find a place as well also could potentially get me a job working for the company they work for
Lots of different people tell us different ways and means of coming
But it’s hard work trying to find out what we really have to do
We just want to get the ball rolling now
Any info or help would be appreciated guys
Thank you for reading
Hi Craig

To be able to move to Sydney, or anywhere in Australia, you need to be Australian, or qualify for a visa.

From what you've posted, you wouldn't currently qualify for a skilled visa. Once your partner has qualified as a nurse, and has some experience, that will change though.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Craig Button is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Moving from UK 2 AUS

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi Craig

To be able to move to Sydney, or anywhere in Australia, you need to be Australian, or qualify for a visa.

From what you've posted, you wouldn't currently qualify for a skilled visa. Once your partner has qualified as a nurse, and has some experience, that will change though.
Okay brill
Would she be able to get a visa on the basis of being a qualified nursery nurse ??
Old Apr 21st 2018, 11:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Okay brill
Would she be able to get a visa on the basis of being a qualified nursery nurse ??
To qualify for a skilled visa, you need an occupation on the skills list - https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/...d-stsol-mltssl
and nursery nurse isn't there.

On top of that, you also need to meet additional criteria such as skills assessment, points test, etc if you want this to be a permanent move.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 6:53 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Okay brill
If a nursery nurse is a registered nurse with a 3 year degree then yes. If she is a daycare worker then no.