Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

moving my daughter & her husband to brisbane

moving my daughter & her husband to brisbane

Old Feb 28th 2014, 9:00 am
Just Joined

palfreyman1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile moving my daughter & her husband to brisbane

hi all

I have been living in ozz for the last 18 month & we love it here the only thing is that we left our oldest daughter there and she wants to come across and we are having problems finding a way of bringing my daughter & her husband to ozz, I'm in the process of applying for our P R.
My daughter & her husband are travel agents, they are both managers they have been trying to get someone to sponsor them but they have yet to find anyone to do this. Does anyone have any ideas if there is any other visa that they can try get across to ozz .
any help or advice would be a big help

Cheers George:
Old Feb 28th 2014, 9:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving my daughter & her husband to brisbane

Originally Posted by palfreyman1234
hi all

I have been living in ozz for the last 18 month & we love it here the only thing is that we left our oldest daughter there and she wants to come across and we are having problems finding a way of bringing my daughter & her husband to ozz, I'm in the process of applying for our P R.
My daughter & her husband are travel agents, they are both managers they have been trying to get someone to sponsor them but they have yet to find anyone to do this. Does anyone have any ideas if there is any other visa that they can try get across to ozz .

Cheers George:
How old are they? Do they have children? Have they had working holiday visas in the past? Do either of them have any other skills that may be on the skilled list?

In order to get information you have to give information.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 9:08 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

Cheers George:
Hi George - do they have the ability to pass the skills assessment in their occupation, and if so, have you checked the state lists to see if any of the states are sponsoring the occupation?
Old Feb 28th 2014, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

Cheers George:
It might just be a figure of speech, but as your daughter is married, there is no way you will be "bringing" her to Australia, she needs to get here under her own steam now. Just one caveat, if neither she nor her husband have any other close relatives (parents, siblings) in UK, then perhaps you could sponsor for the last remaining relative visa.

The occupation of Travel Agency Manager is on the consolidated skills list, which means that they could get a visa so long as they can find a sponsor.

I have rather painstakingly checked all the state sponsorship lists and travel Agency Manager is not on any, so this means that skilled migration is not an option for them at the moment. It leaves only employer sponsorship, which you mention they have been looking into.

My gut feeling, is that with 6% unemployment in Australia, their chances of sponsorship are really quite remote. It is a popular occupation and I cannot imagine that local businesses would have any difficulty filling roles. If they are under 31 with no children, then perhaps they could come on a WHV and being on the ground might help with jobs, but still it is a gamble and they could very well have to leave at the end of the year.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
How old are they? Do they have children? Have they had working holiday visas in the past? Do either of them have any other skills that may be on the skilled list?

In order to get information you have to give information.
Hi Dorothy
Thanks for your reply.
They are 25 years old they have never had a working visa & no children no other skills they have both worked in the same job from being 16.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi all

Thanks for all the reply we will look in to WHV for them

cheers George
Old Feb 28th 2014, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

cheers George
Just make sure it is an informed decision, best that they do not have any expectations of it leading to something longer term.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 11:43 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

cheers George
Whilst that is an option, and they may get lucky with the sponsorship, realistically it's only a slim chance and it may be better if one of them looks to re-train in an occupation on the SOL if there long term goal is to move to Australia