Moving To Australia 3D Artist

Old Sep 13th 2014, 10:59 am
Just Joined

b1gdan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving To Australia 3D Artist

Hi Guys,

My name is Daniel from England living and working in Germany with 2 n half years.

I moved straight from University to Germany so my experience in 3D is (for the people who might see this who have can through something similar with similar skills) Vray 4C4D, Cinema 4D and AE working with clients in the automotive industry such as Audi and BMW working on interface design but also the motorshows producing within a team the highlight movies and then working on site to finish the movie and make the final output for the LED so kind of an all rounder.

I am currently looking to make the move to Australia as i lived there when i was 20 on a working visa (and work in harvey norman in management but they couldn't sponsor me) but now i want to move permanently. When i went over in the past it was to follow someone over and things didn't work out and now i am really wanting to move back.

I used to live in Perth but for now the location doesn't matter.. I just want to establish a Residency over there and then plan from there...

I had a look on the list and i couldn't find my role

3D Designer
Draftsman
Graphics Design
Artist
3D generalist
Animator

anything along these lines...

So i am posting today to see if people have moved over on my job role or something similar and how did you do it.

Thanks for your time reading it hopefully get some feedback

D
Old Sep 13th 2014, 11:12 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving To Australia 3D Artist

Originally Posted by b1gdan
Hi Guys,

My name is Daniel from England living and working in Germany with 2 n half years.

I moved straight from University to Germany so my experience in 3D is (for the people who might see this who have can through something similar with similar skills) Vray 4C4D, Cinema 4D and AE working with clients in the automotive industry such as Audi and BMW working on interface design but also the motorshows producing within a team the highlight movies and then working on site to finish the movie and make the final output for the LED so kind of an all rounder.

I am currently looking to make the move to Australia as i lived there when i was 20 on a working visa (and work in harvey norman in management but they couldn't sponsor me) but now i want to move permanently. When i went over in the past it was to follow someone over and things didn't work out and now i am really wanting to move back.

I used to live in Perth but for now the location doesn't matter.. I just want to establish a Residency over there and then plan from there...

I had a look on the list and i couldn't find my role

3D Designer
Draftsman
Graphics Design
Artist
3D generalist
Animator

anything along these lines...

So i am posting today to see if people have moved over on my job role or something similar and how did you do it.

Thanks for your time reading it hopefully get some feedback

D
Hi Daniel and welcome to BE

Unfortunately, if you cannot match your skills to an occupation on the CSOL - Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List, then your prospects for moving to Australia are limited.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Yea limited but not impossible right?? Because my understanding is - you have 3 options?

There is

Go over on your work (so gains you entrance but then you have to look for work before or when your there)

Get a sponsor through work? So find a company who will take you for a minimum of 2 years i think?

last is go over on a holiday visa and then again try and find sponsorship or find a women marry her never come back :P

So i was thinking if i could tailor my qualifications to something relevant?

So i have

Engineering Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering
Foundation Engineering Degree in Information Illustration
BA Hons in Technical Illustration

And i have tried a bit of research that agents extra kinda put it through the system in such a way that your qualifications can gain you access some how and then - use my first access point - Go over on your work (so gains you entrance but then you have to look for work before or when your there).

What you think?

Cheers

D
Old Sep 13th 2014, 11:20 am
Just Joined

for example.. my degree technically allows me to apply for this job..

Civil Engineering Draftsperson 312211 Engineers Australia/ VETASSESS

does that mean i can apply and use this but when i move over i can look for 3d work?

and thanks for the welcome
Old Sep 13th 2014, 11:28 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

does that mean i can apply and use this but when i move over i can look for 3d work?

If you can meet the requirements for the skills assessment - Migration Skills Assessment | Engineers Australia - you may be able to apply for a skilled visa with that occupation, and as it is on the SOL you wouldn't need sponsorship. You would need to meet the points requirement for a visa - Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)

Once you have a visa, you can do whatever you like workwise - no idea what the job market is like for 3d work - have you looked at seek.com.au yet?
Old Sep 13th 2014, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Yea limited but not impossible right?? Because my understanding is - you have 3 options?

There is

Go over on your work (so gains you entrance but then you have to look for work before or when your there)

Get a sponsor through work? So find a company who will take you for a minimum of 2 years i think?

last is go over on a holiday visa and then again try and find sponsorship or find a women marry her never come back :P

So i was thinking if i could tailor my qualifications to something relevant?

So i have

Engineering Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering
Foundation Engineering Degree in Information Illustration
BA Hons in Technical Illustration

And i have tried a bit of research that agents extra kinda put it through the system in such a way that your qualifications can gain you access some how and then - use my first access point - Go over on your work (so gains you entrance but then you have to look for work before or when your there).

What you think?

Cheers

D
If your occupation is not on the SOL or CSOL then only the third of those options is going to work, that is the come over on a holiday and hope to marry an Aussie. You cannot get employer sponsorship without being in an occupation on the lists.

Generally speaking, having a degree that might enable you to do a job is not going to be sufficient. For the vast majority of occupations, you would need to have actually worked in that occupation in order to pass skills assessment ... and without skills assessment you cannot get the visa. There's are one or two exceptions though, accountancy is one and there might be an engineering exception as well, so you would need to look into the skills assessment for your occupation and see if you can pass it. I am pretty sure that graphic design has been on the list by the way, have you missed it?
Old Sep 14th 2014, 12:08 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Generally speaking, having a degree that might enable you to do a job is not going to be sufficient. For the vast majority of occupations, you would need to have actually worked in that occupation in order to pass skills assessment ... and without skills assessment you cannot get the visa. There's are one or two exceptions though, accountancy is one and there might be an engineering exception as well, so you would need to look into the skills assessment for your occupation and see if you can pass it.
For Engineers your university and program would have to be recognized under the Washington Accord. You can definitely get a positive skills assessment based on that alone without work experience (I know, that's what I did)

Engineering Associates - which is what draftsperson falls under - your program would have to be recognized under the Dublin Accord.
Start here: ABET - Is Your Program Recognized by the Dublin Accord?
Old Sep 15th 2014, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
If your occupation is not on the SOL or CSOL then only the third of those options is going to work, that is the come over on a holiday and hope to marry an Aussie. You cannot get employer sponsorship without being in an occupation on the lists.

Generally speaking, having a degree that might enable you to do a job is not going to be sufficient. For the vast majority of occupations, you would need to have actually worked in that occupation in order to pass skills assessment ... and without skills assessment you cannot get the visa. There's are one or two exceptions though, accountancy is one and there might be an engineering exception as well, so you would need to look into the skills assessment for your occupation and see if you can pass it. I am pretty sure that graphic design has been on the list by the way, have you missed it?
Please if that is on there let me know because i can't find it.. i will 100%% get in if that is the case with nearly 3 years in the field of Graphics and 3D
Old Sep 15th 2014, 7:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by msmyrtle
For Engineers your university and program would have to be recognized under the Washington Accord. You can definitely get a positive skills assessment based on that alone without work experience (I know, that's what I did)

Engineering Associates - which is what draftsperson falls under - your program would have to be recognized under the Dublin Accord.
Start here: ABET - Is Your Program Recognized by the Dublin Accord?
and thanks for the link i will email them today!! thank you!
Old Sep 15th 2014, 7:39 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

It's on the CSOL

Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List

Graphic Designer 232411 VETASSESS
Old Sep 15th 2014, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by msmyrtle
It's on the CSOL

Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List

Graphic Designer 232411 VETASSESS
mmm why didn't i see this!! Well with my experience this wouldn't be a problem right?

VETASSESS

What does this mean? Does this mean i would have to have sponsorship from a company or i could go straight in and try and set up shop?

Because i see you need to be assessed first right? Just a little more info before i make the next step! but thanks for finding that for me
Old Sep 15th 2014, 8:55 am

mmm why didn't i see this!! Well with my experience this wouldn't be a problem right?

VETASSESS

What does this mean? Does this mean i would have to have sponsorship from a company or i could go straight in and try and set up shop?

Because i see you need to be assessed first right? Just a little more info before i make the next step! but thanks for finding that for me
Vetassess are just a company that carry out skills assessments, but if the occupation is on the CSOL and not on the SOL, then you would need sponsorship by an employer or a state - state often being the easiest to obtain. To see which states are sponsoring that occupation you would need to check each list - WA, SA, VIC, NT, ACT, NSW, TAS and QLD.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Thats great information thanks!! And thats what i thought so first you need to develop a relationship with a company and then make the move.. i guess this way there isn't a risk of not having work.. you go over the company has to sponsor you for two years? Right? From what i can remember?
Old Sep 15th 2014, 9:31 am

Thats great information thanks!! And thats what i thought so first you need to develop a relationship with a company and then make the move.. i guess this way there isn't a risk of not having work.. you go over the company has to sponsor you for two years? Right? From what i can remember?
I wouldn't be looking at employer sponsorship - it's a long shot in most cases. If you can pass the skills assessment, points test and a state is sponsoring, then I would go for the 190 as it's a permanent visa.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

It is very hard to find an employer sponsor from overseas and most people are not able to, there are some exceptions of course.

I don't get the logic of it meaning you have work to go to, if is a lot easier to find a job when you don't need sponsorship versus finding a job and sponsor. Although as I said, both are pretty hard from overseas.

And no a sponsoring company does not have to sponsor you for two years, they could change their mind and end the employment the day you turn up if they needed to.

Anyhoo the trouble is, none of the states are sponsoring graphic designers at the moment, so you would have to find an employer sponsor on the basis of this occupation. I would therefore recommend you look into the engineering option mentioned earlier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.