Moving to austraila

Old Aug 18th 2016, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Emmalouise1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to austraila

Hello please can anyone give me any advice or info
Myself and family are thinking of moving to austraila I have done some research myself but would be greatfull if anybody on here has made that move and would kindly give me any advice or info on what i/ we have to do

Many thanks
Old Aug 18th 2016, 11:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to austraila

Originally Posted by Emmalouise1980
Myself and family are thinking of moving to austraila I have done some research myself but would be greatfull if anybody on here has made that move and would kindly give me any advice or info on what i/ we have to do

Many thanks
Start with a good read of Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection to see whether you qualify for a visa
Old Aug 18th 2016, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Thank you x
Old Aug 18th 2016, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmalouise1980

Many thanks
What research have you done already? What have you found out? Your question is just a bit too broad to get any particularly insightful repsonses as we do not know anything about you or what you already know or want to know. More specific you can be the better.
Old Aug 18th 2016, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi Bermuda shorts thank you for replying. Well I work in mental health and was wandering if I would be able to get work out there and my partner is a HGV driver and was wandering the same if he could get work out there and we have 2 teenage children. We haven't got lots of saving put away but could manage to rent a property until we found work. Now iv been looking on line for what kind of visas we would apply to move over on a permanent basis and when iv been looking there a different ones and was just wandering which one do we apply for sounds silly I no.
Old Aug 18th 2016, 10:51 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

You work in mental health. Are you a psychiatrist? A nurse? A social worker? Secretary? Cleaner? Saying you work in mental health is too broad for anyone to give you any advice at all. Tell us precisely what you do and maybe we can help. There's a saying that you have got to give good information to get good information.

Your husband, unfortunately is not on the skilled list, so you would have to try to obtain a visa based on your job.

Your other statement about not having much money is a little worrying. You're going to need money in order to apply for a visa, have the medicals and police checks, flights, accommodations, vehicles, set up costs, savings for the very real likelihood that you won't find jobs for a good few months.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto what Dorothy said - working in mental health needs far more specification.

I see you have two teenagers - they're going to be at pointy end time education-wise and this may be not such a great time to move them - the final two years of education in Australia start as they're turning 16 so if they aren't there by then it's better to wait until after they have done A levels. Stepping off the GCSE/A level merry go round is easy but stepping back on, should you need to, is fraught! personally I would be waiting until after A levels to keep all options open.

Financially, Mid case scenario, are you prepared to gamble, say, £40k? You will need all your visa costs, moving costs, a buffer of 6 months without income (but hope it's less), setting up costs (like new car, insurances, bonds etc) so unless you have that much spare you might struggle - so start saving!