MODL List Next updated?

Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

lotr will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MODL List Next updated?

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi,

The legislation used to award MODL points at the time a case officer first made an assessment of your application, ie an additional 3-12 months nervous waiting, however after some court cases and an amendment to the legislation you now get the MODL if it applied either at time of application or time of assessment, whichever is more favourable. So at least people have some control over the process now. Still can't make ACS any quicker, although that may be changing soon too.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Are you saying that if someone has been assessed by ACS at the moment when his profession was in MODL, then, that person has the right to reclaim that MODL points in the future ?
So I have a positive assessment from ACS, then, I need not worry if "Computer professionals" is taken off the MODL, am I right ?
Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

No, you would be OK if it was on the MODL when you applied for your visa (not for ACS assessment) but your occupation was taken off MODL before your visa application was looked at by the case worker. But simply being on the MODL when you apply for or receive your ACS assessment is not sufficient.

It works the other way round too, so if when you apply for your visa your occupation is not on the MODL list, but it has been added by the time you get a case officer, you would get MODL points. This has helped some of the unfortunate people affected by the $100k investment debacle.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:18 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
It works the other way round too, so if when you apply for your visa your occupation is not on the MODL list, but it has been added by the time you get a case officer, you would get MODL points.
This scenario will almost never happen to an ACS-assessed applicant, though.

Regards
Peter
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Chipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=lotr;6908173]According to some analysts, this economic crisis is worse and it's just beginning. So, if that prediction is true, we would need to wait longer
QUOTE]

If my skills come off the list for any length of time (2 or more years) it could be too late for me.
I am 43 in February.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Chipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant future

I found this article today which could mean they may hold off changing the MODL just yet.

Immigration Minister Chris Evans said today the Government would consider calls for a reduction in immigration to cope with slowing economic growth when it received the mid-year economic data.

Mr Evans said the Government also would consult with industry before deciding whether or not to alter this year's migration program.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...955827271.html

Australia already was seeing increased interest in migration to Australia from countries like Britain
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

FionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chipster
I found this article today which could mean they may hold off changing the MODL just yet.

So Chipster I hope this means you're going to get your finger out and get your references/docos for ACS sorted this week!!!!!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FionaandAndrew
So Chipster I hope this means you're going to get your finger out and get your references/docos for ACS sorted this week!!!!!
I contacted a migration agent last week, so hopefully get the ball rolling this week.