MODL changes?

Old Mar 5th 2008, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

ZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really nice
Default MODL changes?

Hi,

I got the MODL (Computer professional)assesment. but IELTS is pending and its booked (29 March)
When would the MODL list is expected to be changed.

If its 1 April , then should I should my application before (1 april) and submit (attach) the IELTS result later on in mid april?

OR is the MODL list is expected to change in the end of April, in this way i will have the IELTS reuslt and can submit the application with MODL (Computer professional)
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice
Default Re: MODL changes?

Originally Posted by ZeeAsh
Hi,

I got the MODL (Computer professional)assesment. but IELTS is pending and its booked (29 March)

If its 1 April , then should I should my application before (1 april) and submit (attach) the IELTS result later on in mid april?

OR is the MODL list is expected to change in the end of April, in this way i will have the IELTS reuslt and can submit the application with MODL (Computer professional)
Where did you see the MODL is changing then?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

ZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really nice

Originally Posted by stellaman
Where did you see the MODL is changing then?
DIMA can changes MODL list any time, normaly twice a year. But it depends on DIMA (and the Most in Demand professions). thats why i am asking that anyone has any idea when it is expected.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice

DIMA can changes MODL list any time, normaly twice a year. But it depends on DIMA (and the Most in Demand professions). thats why i am asking that anyone has any idea when it is expected.
You were talking about April 1st or the end of April so I thought you knew. If its up to DIMA then do they give out dates in advance!!??

If you have an English test at the end of March, does it matter?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stellaman
You were talking about April 1st or the end of April so I thought you knew. If its up to DIMA then do they give out dates in advance!!??

If you have an English test at the end of March, does it matter?
OK,

Simply tell me that can I submitt my Visa application to DIMA with out IELTS and then submit (attach) the IELTS result later.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

OK,

Simply tell me that can I submitt my Visa application to DIMA with out IELTS and then submit (attach) the IELTS result later.
Simply put, No you cant .
Old Mar 5th 2008, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Java is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not heard any rumours regarding changes in the MODL list. Usually, if there are changes, they are introduced in July,
not in April and May.

Hi,

Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:33 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Java
I have not heard any rumours regarding changes in the MODL list. Usually, if there are changes, they are introduced in July,
not in April and May.
A couple of issues on this thread need correction, sorry to barge in.

First the MODL is subject to constant review - since 1999 most of the changes to it have occurred in April and October, but that pattern was disrupted during the period from 2004 coinciding with the period that Ministers Vanstone and then Andrews were in charge of the portfolio. I don't think that there is any indication yet of when the new Minister, Chris Evans, is likely to get around to signing relevant documents, or how the Department might now schedule relevant changes.

Second, if the OP has an acceptable nationality, he or she can certainly submit an IELTS test after application. On the other hand, his or her nationality belongs to one of the 190+ countries which DIAC believes are not anglophone (including India, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Malaysia, Singapore etc), the IELTS test is a time of application requirement.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by George Lombard

First the MODL is subject to constant review - since 1999 most of the changes to it have occurred in April and October, but that pattern was disrupted during the period from 2004 coinciding with the period that Ministers Vanstone and then Andrews were in charge of the portfolio. I don't think that there is any indication yet of when the new Minister, Chris Evans, is likely to get around to signing relevant documents, or how the Department might now schedule relevant changes.

Second, if the OP has an acceptable nationality, he or she can certainly submit an IELTS test after application. On the other hand, his or her nationality belongs to one of the 190+ countries which DIAC believes are not anglophone (including India, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Malaysia, Singapore etc), the IELTS test is a time of application requirement.

Cheers,

George Lombard
George,

Could you please let me know that is Pakistan icluded in the acceptable nationalty country list as stated is your reply?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers,

George Lombard
What? You mean Irish applicants can submit IELTS later? The application asks for an IELTS reference number which you only get on the day of the test. I would think that submitting an application without the results letter could be jumping the gun as you may or may not get the appropriate result. Thats just what I assumed anyway.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:16 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
What? You mean Irish applicants can submit IELTS later? The application asks for an IELTS reference number which you only get on the day of the test. I would think that submitting an application without the results letter could be jumping the gun as you may or may not get the appropriate result. Thats just what I assumed anyway.
I may be corrected here, but I was under the impression that IELTS worked in a similar way to the Meds & PCC's, that if you belonged to an acceptable country, you could either frontload them along with the application, or add them in later when they were available.

I may well be wrong of course.....I often am
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:16 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Hi Nige,

Read the regulations man, it's all there.

cheers,

George Lombard
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
I may be corrected here, but I was under the impression that IELTS worked in a similar way to the Meds & PCC's, that if you belonged to an acceptable country, you could either frontload them along with the application, or add them in later when they were available.

I may well be wrong of course.....I often am
Well the reason I thought otherwise is because without the IELTS most would be short points which would make the application invalid. The meds and pcc dont earn you points.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Hi Nige,

Read the regulations man, it's all there.

cheers,

George Lombard
Can you please send me a link to the regulations - Thanks
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:58 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Can you please send me a link to the regulations - Thanks
Hi Zee Ash,

The regulations are at http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/c..._reg/mr1994227 . What you need is in Schedule 2 where it describes what are the time of application criteria (Schedule 2) for any given visa and the definitions of competent and vocational English in regs 1.15C and 1.15B. Interestingly, the rule which allows holders of a passport from the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America and the Republic of Ireland to apply without an IELTS test is a matter of policy, not expressly stated in the regulations.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.