Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Misleading status update for 175 online application

Misleading status update for 175 online application

Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

gemsrare is on a distinguished road
Default Misleading status update for 175 online application

Hi all,
We had done a online application for 175 on 06th May .

Our application status changed to application being processed further on 28th October and the medicals changed to Received on November 28th.

We were very very hopeful that something is happening and a case officer is assigned to our application(even few of you confirmed that once the status changes it is mostly that the CO is assigned).............
But i got a response from DIAC for my query stating that the application is not yet assigned to any CO.

So friends not to dishearten you all..the status what we see in the online status page does not really mean anything unless we are contacted by a CO or a visa is issued....

Now can any one share if you were in same situation(like all docs uploaded PCC medicals received) etc and did you do anything to expedite the processing.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Regards
GemsRare
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:50 am
CHB
BE Enthusiast

CHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really nice
Default Re: Misleading status update for 175 online application

Hi,
I'm July 08 applicant my updates are as below:

When i clicked on the "Message" it shows:

I've front loaded every single documents thru email attachment to ASPC by end of July 08 and the status page remains as above since then.

In my document checklist everything still shows "Required". I think we should not worry too much if we still within the limited time frame ie 12 Months for Low Risk Country applicant. if its getting near the limit then we should starting to worry by then.

i think i'll let DIAC do their job and will start to worry after it passed the 9 months mark, for my case is March 2009. so stay calm and life goes on.