ministerial discretion s22.9

Old Sep 7th 2016, 12:12 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ministerial discretion s22.9

Yep, this is the point where I get peed off, I did my time, with three aussie kids and aussie spouse, there's no short cuts, you do your time for waiting on visa, you do your time waiting for citizenship. As this went against the grain, I hope the report reaches the target.
Old Sep 7th 2016, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xhuyx
just a wrap up for anyone who is going to apply in the same discretion

application submitted : 04/02/16 (onshore, Nullimbik council, VIC)
invitation for test email received on 13/07/2016, original test date 11/08/16, moved test date to 14/07/2016 through online system.
request to change council to Dandenong on 24/07/16
approved letter received 3/8/16, dated 23/07/16
ceremony invitation received 30/08/16, dated 23/08/16. ceremony date of 15/09/16.

applied based on aus spouse, children, properties, businesses, physically in Aus for total of 2.5 years in the last 4 yrs.

cheers guys
Attached Thumbnails ministerial discretion s22.9-image.jpg  
Old Nov 14th 2016, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Mell11160 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys

I hope some of you may still be active in this thread and able to help. I am mainly wondering if anyone here has applied for ministerial discretion online?

I am in the middle of this process and quite confused as it only allows me to attach four different types of documents to prove my 'close and continuing relationship with Australia': Property ownership document, Lease Agreement, Tax Payments and Rates Notice.

This while according to the Citizenship Policy Document - https://www.border.gov.au/Citizenshi...-june-2016.pdf - page 95 - there are a number of different types of evidence you could provide to prove this, such as evidence of establishing a home, long term relationship with your partner, children and evidence of active participation in the Australian community.

I am going to call the immigration office once it opens today but just really curious how they could set it up like that? Surely it would motivate majority of people to apply via regular mail?

Appreciate any viewpoints on this!

M
Old Nov 30th 2016, 4:42 am
rtp
Just Joined

rtp is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: ministerial discretion s22.9

Originally Posted by xhuyx
just a wrap up for anyone who is going to apply in the same discretion

application submitted : 04/02/16 (onshore, Nullimbik council, VIC)
invitation for test email received on 13/07/2016, original test date 11/08/16, moved test date to 14/07/2016 through online system.
request to change council to Dandenong on 24/07/16
approved letter received 3/8/16, dated 23/07/16
ceremony invitation received 30/08/16, dated 23/08/16. ceremony date of 15/09/16.

applied based on aus spouse, children, properties, businesses, physically in Aus for total of 2.5 years in the last 4 yrs.

cheers guys

Hi could you share how you attache following documents through online application ? thanks.

*evidence of establishing a home,
*long term relationship with your partner
*evidence of active participation in the Australian community
Old Nov 30th 2016, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Mell11160 is an unknown quantity at this point

@rtp

I ended up calling them. You need to attach the most important documents and basically make it clear you have more to submit. I ended up uploading a personal statement explaining i had reached my limit of documents, and listing all the various additional documents I had the intention of supplying - as well as outlying their relevance to my application.

Applied on the 14th of November, have lived in Australia permanently between dec 2009 to march 2016, became a permanent resident a year ago. Currently overseas with my defacto partner due to death in the family.

Will report back on how I go.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 1:15 am
rtp
Just Joined

rtp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mell11160
@rtp

I ended up calling them. You need to attach the most important documents and basically make it clear you have more to submit. I ended up uploading a personal statement explaining i had reached my limit of documents, and listing all the various additional documents I had the intention of supplying - as well as outlying their relevance to my application.

Applied on the 14th of November, have lived in Australia permanently between dec 2009 to march 2016, became a permanent resident a year ago. Currently overseas with my defacto partner due to death in the family.

@Mell11160

just found this explanation - Attach documents to an online application

you may attach 20 files online for citizenship application.

each files can be up to 5 MB.

I wander if we can just put all the supporting docs as one pdf file for evidene close and association with Australia then upload to online system.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

whtzau is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mell11160
@rtp

do you have any response from dibp ?
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

xhuyx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whtzau
do you have any response from dibp ?
After you have submitted your application. You can come back and add more documents to your application.

But no need to worry too much about those, the case officer will email you if they need anything else, and you can always email them directly with your additional docs.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
Yep, this is the point where I get peed off, I did my time, with three aussie kids and aussie spouse, there's no short cuts, you do your time for waiting on visa, you do your time waiting for citizenship. As this went against the grain, I hope the report reaches the target.
Why are you being such a sour grape? The successful applicant didn't break any rules, but made use of the loopholes to his or her advantage. Just because you couldn't see the short cuts don't mean there weren't any to be taken.

You did your time, good for you. You followed the rules and crossed every "T" and dotted every "I". Well done. But ministerial discretion exists for a purpose - otherwise it shouldn't be there in the first place. The fact that the successful applicant used it to his or her benefit should be applauded, not condemned.

It's like what I often say: tax evasion is a crime, but tax avoidance is the sacred and solemn duty of every honest working taxpayer out there.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 3:04 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xizzles
Why are you being such a sour grape? The successful applicant didn't break any rules, but made use of the loopholes to his or her advantage. Just because you couldn't see the short cuts don't mean there weren't any to be taken.

You did your time, good for you. You followed the rules and crossed every "T" and dotted every "I". Well done. But ministerial discretion exists for a purpose - otherwise it shouldn't be there in the first place. The fact that the successful applicant used it to his or her benefit should be applauded, not condemned.

It's like what I often say: tax evasion is a crime, but tax avoidance is the sacred and solemn duty of every honest working taxpayer out there.
Why are you replying to a 7 month old post?
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Why are you replying to a 7 month old post?
I mean, look, I got shafted (twice) for the RRV application - while others had it easier, despite not fulfilling the necessary requirements. I'm not sore about it. I'm happy for those who made it. I didn't go about taking a (mean spirited) screenshot, and sending it off to the relevant authorities like some cry-baby in kindie, hoping a bobbie wielding a big stick would come along and throw someone in gaol.

Anyway, I didn't note the time stamp on that post. Wouldn't have mattered anyway - it's my opinion and, to borrow a leaf from the BE playbook, it's my right to voice it.

Last edited by xizzles; Apr 23rd 2017 at 4:13 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 11:56 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xizzles

Of course I mind and yes I get pissed off. People abusing a loop hole designed for ceftain purpose will close the loop hole. Just because you didn't want to wait, some one who genuinely could apply this route will miss out. I make no apologies for my opinion. Just like your comment about tax evasion, just because you can, be a decent human being and don't.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teza
Of course I mind and yes I get pissed off. People abusing a loop hole designed for ceftain purpose will close the loop hole. Just because you didn't want to wait, some one who genuinely could apply this route will miss out. I make no apologies for my opinion. Just like your comment about tax evasion, just because you can, be a decent human being and don't.
I'm not sure if you understand the difference between tax evasion and tax avoidance.

Tax avoidance is the legitimate minimizing of taxes, using methods approved by the ATO, IRD, IRS &/or HMRC. Businesses avoid taxes by taking all legitimate deductions and by sheltering income from taxes by setting up employee retirement plans and other means, all legal and under the state tax codes.

Tax evasion on the other hand, is the illegal practice of not paying taxes, by not reporting income, reporting expenses not legally allowed, or by not paying taxes owed.

I'm really not convinced that the person in question who applied successfully for ministerial discretion was doing anything illegal. It may not be "morally" acceptable to some - but then, neither is having an affair or keeping a mistress or wearing revealing clothing to some cultures. Doesn't make it wrong. If it were wrong, the minister should and could have rejected the application.

You don't have to apologize for your opinion. You're perfectly entitled to it, but that cuts both ways.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No disrespect meant to you, but I have to say that this makes a mockery of the whole citizenship process. Basically its saying that anyone who is married to an Aussie, and lives here, can get citizenship without meeting the same residence requirements as the rest of us.
Maybe everyone on a PR spouse visa should just apply for Min Discretion as soon as they are lucky enough to get the visa? Most of them will have lived here for 2-3 years by that point with processing times so slow these days.
Loop hole closed the Pollyanna. Seriously. This forum is becoming exactly like xizzles. Why everybody is jumping because some one used the law to their advantage. Close this I get tax benefit and never pay any taxes in australia. Close this too. You can't. Because many millionaires are using the loop hole. Your local mp will dare not touch them. Good bye. My last post in this forum
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough

Xizzles I didn't know people taking screen shots. Wow. Anyway no more loop holes. As britishexpat become a place where people do moral policing not to answer the question asked.

From now on I will not give any more post on loop holes. I advice others who are reading this. If you post for a way out in britishexpats it will be closed by sending to relevant authorities so beware

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.