Medicals for subclass 189

Old Jul 31st 2015, 7:15 am
Just Joined

raja008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals for subclass 189

Hi all,

My name is Raja, and i have recently finished my masters in professional accounting and have achieved 8 bands in PTE, and would like to apply for 189 for direct PR visa. I know that medical and pcc are usually done when the case officer asks for, but i have no idea when the case officer can turn around? and my wife is pregnant and is due for her delivery in mid December.

I am worried because i heard from someone that her medical won't be done if she is pregnant and until then i'll not receive decision, and if i wait till the delivery then the bub has to be added in the application.

Please advise, what could be done? in order to get the things my way.

Best Regards,
Raja.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 8:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals for subclass 189

Originally Posted by raja008
Hi all,

My name is Raja, and i have recently finished my masters in professional accounting and have achieved 8 bands in PTE, and would like to apply for 189 for direct PR visa. I know that medical and pcc are usually done when the case officer asks for, but i have no idea when the case officer can turn around? and my wife is pregnant and is due for her delivery in mid December.

I am worried because i heard from someone that her medical won't be done if she is pregnant and until then i'll not receive decision, and if i wait till the delivery then the bub has to be added in the application.

Please advise, what could be done? in order to get the things my way.

Best Regards,
Raja.
If your wife is pregnant she should think about whether she is willing to have the Xrays done, or whether she wants to wait. I gather they can now be done safely but I don't know all the details on this. If she chooses to wait then your visas will not be granted until after the baby is born. The baby can then also be added to the application.

However if she chooses to have the medical during pregnancy and the baby is born after the visas are granted, and before you move to Australia, then you will need to apply for a 101 visa for the child.

if she waits, the visas are granted and the baby is born after you move, then the baby will be an Australian citizen from birth and will not need a visa.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 8:34 am
Just Joined

thanks a ton pollyana, we are in australia already, i completed my studies in sydney on a student visa, and am still on student visa, next week i'll get my transcripts and course completion letter, so i'll lodge EOI and then wait for the invitation letter, but the issue still stays because i can't have medicals before the baby's birth, and then i'll also have to add the baby to our application, so am still confused...
Old Jul 31st 2015, 9:21 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks a ton pollyana, we are in australia already, i completed my studies in sydney on a student visa, and am still on student visa, next week i'll get my transcripts and course completion letter, so i'll lodge EOI and then wait for the invitation letter, but the issue still stays because i can't have medicals before the baby's birth, and then i'll also have to add the baby to our application, so am still confused...
Then you need to put in your application once invited, and wait fro the request to do the medicals. If your wife chooses to wait then your application goes on hold until the birth of the baby. You then add the baby to the application by supplying the birth certificate, the baby has a very quick medical and all of you get visas at the same time.
Does that make it clearer?
Old Jul 31st 2015, 9:39 am
Just Joined

yes, a lot clearer now, thanks a ton again...
Old Jul 31st 2015, 9:43 am
Home and Happy

yes, a lot clearer now, thanks a ton again...
No problem
And don't stress about it, Case Officers are used to requests to hold medicals due to pregnancy, it'll be fine.