Medical Info, and Costs at UK facilities

Old Apr 14th 2013, 8:59 pm
DML
Forum Regular

DML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Medical Info, and Costs at UK facilities

We had to travel 3 hrs to get to Edinburgh. We emailed them in advance and got info re current waiting times for appts (was only about a week)
Old Apr 15th 2013, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MUST LEAVE UK
Meds in the South ? ? I checked list list, but it looks like Maidenhead or Plymouth only. We are near Southampton, !!

Is the list correct ? Nothing closer.

Anyay, does anyone know how long it take to get an appiontment for a family of 4 ?

Thanks PAUL
Yes, the list is correct. Maidenhead is only 1-1½ hours way from Southampton area - hardly a huge distance. If you call one of the places that can do the medicals, you'll find out how long it'll take to wait for that clinic.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 8:54 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Meds in the South ? ? I checked list list, but it looks like Maidenhead or Plymouth only. We are near Southampton, !!

Is the list correct ? Nothing closer.

Anyay, does anyone know how long it take to get an appiontment for a family of 4 ?

Thanks PAUL
There's always London. Nice & easy to get to on the train from Soton.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

AJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really nice

I had my medicals at the bridge clinic in Maidenhead last week, once they found me on the eHealth system i got an appointment in a week for a family of four. Very smooth operation and a nice centre. Free tea and coffee! But make sure the kids have something to entertain themselves with..
Old May 1st 2013, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

MUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really nice

thanks. I kept thinking there was one in Southampton. Must have mixed it up with an old pilot medical. With them there are lots of places across the country waiting to take your money.
Not ready for the meds yet, so just wanted to get an idea of time it takes to get appiontment in our planning (do you wait for c/o to ask for them or get them done when you submit the full visa applications ??, hell I don't even know if they are electronic or papers you have to send off to the c/o your self ??).
Old May 1st 2013, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

AJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really niceAJRussell is just really nice

I had a notification in the immi website that they were requested - just took six weeks to book as we got 'stuck' between the old and new system!

If you have a c/o I would state you are a point where you need to plan them or at least drop the c/o an email to confirm.

Good luck!
Old May 2nd 2013, 1:53 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks. I kept thinking there was one in Southampton. Must have mixed it up with an old pilot medical. With them there are lots of places across the country waiting to take your money.
Not ready for the meds yet, so just wanted to get an idea of time it takes to get appiontment in our planning (do you wait for c/o to ask for them or get them done when you submit the full visa applications ??, hell I don't even know if they are electronic or papers you have to send off to the c/o your self ??).
There used to be a lot more places authorised to perform medicals, but that changed a few years ago. Be very careful if you are intending to front load medicals. They are only valid for a (maximum of) one year, and if (for whatever reason) the processing is delayed, you may need to redo them or it may impact the time you would have to validate your visa.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 12:27 pm

Fees checked & updated today (17th July 2013). As always, they can change at any time, so you need to check with the facilities concerned when arranging your medicals etc. It's not my fault if they alter the fees without notice (which they seem to have started doing already)!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Location: unfortunately Edinburgh, but dreaming of a better life.
woz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Fees checked & updated today (17th July 2013). As always, they can change at any time, so you need to check with the facilities concerned when arranging your medicals etc. It's not my fault if they alter the fees without notice (which they seem to have started doing already)!
Just to ay we booked our meds for Handsworth Wood in Birmingham and they are now charging £304 for full medical and £227 for just the medical for my stepson who is not accompanying. Think that's a bit steep. Where else does medicals on a Saturday??

Wozzie.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by woz718
Just to ay we booked our meds for Handsworth Wood in Birmingham and they are now charging £304 for full medical and £227 for just the medical for my stepson who is not accompanying. Think that's a bit steep. Where else does medicals on a Saturday??

Wozzie.
Many thanks for the information - I very much appreciate it. I've gone onto their website for the new figures & updated my original post.

I absolutely agree about it being quite steep. It was fairly pricey before, but it was a heck of an increase.

I'm afraid that I don't know which ones are available to do the meds on a Saturday. You may need to e-mail the various clinics to find out. Sorry.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Adix2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

My doctor mentioned a clinic in Hull which would be handy for us??
Old Nov 1st 2013, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Adix2011
The only clinics permitted by DIBP are listed on page one. The only clinics available for the north of England are in Manchester.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 8:14 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adix2011
Adix, are you looking to do medical as part of WAPOL process, or for visa? If it's for WAPOL, then I think you can use any doctor / clinic, but for visa's it's only clinics authorised by DIBP as MrsG says
Old Mar 14th 2014, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

trevnod is an unknown quantity at this point

Can the medical for a 190 visa be completed by my local GP? I had this done before I went on my working holiday visa to Oz before. Doc got everything done and it cost less than the crazy amounts being mentioned on this thread :-(
Old Mar 14th 2014, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trevnod
Can the medical for a 190 visa be completed by my local GP?
No.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.