Media Industry - Australia

Old Jun 4th 2014, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Djaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to all
Default Media Industry - Australia

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had made the move from the UK, to work in Australia within the Media industry? My main skills/experience are in Radio and TV presenting, however I do have some production skills, and have a BA Hons Degree in TV and Radio. Would it be possible to immigrate to AU to work within this field?

Thanks
Old Jun 4th 2014, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Media Industry - Australia

The "industry" is largely irrelevant. The occupation is what matters. You need to go to immi.gov.au and look at the sol and CSOL lists to see if your occupation is on one of them. Then, if it is, you need to google to occupation code to see what the skills assessment requires and if you can pass it.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Many of the 'media' type occupations (incl Radio and TV presenter) are on the CSOL and not on the SOL and may require a pathway visa employer sponsorship.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Djaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to allDjaniero is a name known to all

Sorry for the slow response. I haven't been on the forum for a while.

Can anyone explain to me how the pathway visa employer sponsorship would work?

Also would it be a good idea to contact employers directly?
Old Sep 5th 2014, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Djaniero
Sorry for the slow response. I haven't been on the forum for a while.

Can anyone explain to me how the pathway visa employer sponsorship would work?

Also would it be a good idea to contact employers directly?
You have to apply for jobs, get a job offer and a willing sponsor. Go through the visa application process with the sponsor. So first thing to do is start job hunting.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Ok, I'll get on the case. I usually look on seek website...is there anyhwere else you would recommend?
Old Sep 16th 2014, 9:16 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Djaniero
Ok, I'll get on the case. I usually look on seek website...is there anyhwere else you would recommend?
I work for Nova Entertainment, the company has radio stations and media related businesses all over Australia. I know that the company regularly employs staff from the UK on 457's with short term contracts. In fact until recently the company was owned by a well known UK Media company.

Google and research the company and then contact the HR department. They like enthusiastic enquiries, I would suggest a short video showing your talents and personality shining through. I'm not winding you up by the way, quite a few of our staff have been recruited this way. Just make sure you know about the company before contacting them, show them that you are keen.

Good luck.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a million for this mate. I'm actually in the process off putting a show reel together and radio demo at the moment, but was slightly unsure where/how to market myself out in Australia once it was finished.

Would you say sending your cv/resume via email , with a brief intro and links to my show reel would be sufficient for the HR department? Please feel free to pm me if need be.

Thanks again.