Default Low IELTS Score

Hello,
(1).I have Over All IELTS Score of 7.5 with following break up:
L:7
R:8
W:6.5
S:7.5
(2).Relevant Experience of 9years.
(3).Engineering Degree of 4years with a Total of 16years Education.
(4).Age of 32years and 4months.
Will I be able to secure 60points from DIBP, Australia under 189 Visa Application ?
Old Aug 12th 2016, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Low IELTS Score

You can find the points available on Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection if you search for the skilled migrant visa.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

You can probably increase the WRITING score, but this is quite a respectable mark.

Lots of textbooks available on IELTS Writing, with exercises etc. Get a teacher, instructor or mentor if you want to try that.
Old Aug 13th 2016, 7:21 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

I think the IELTS is still the lowest mark based - so 6.5 for you.

Don't know if you are a native speaker or not. IELTS is now one of those areas where you can make up quite a lot of points relatively easily (20 for 8+ IIRC).

As far as writing goes, if you are a native speaker, I felt that writing as if you were writing to the council/local newspaper to complain about something helped get the right tone. That, and structuring the paragraphs around a logical and consistent flow tended to help with the score.

I got 9/8.5/9/9 when I did mine - so it's perfectly possible to reap those free points
Old Aug 14th 2016, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Ginomsk is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Garry P, I am Pakistani and my native language is Urdu. Further I am an Engineering Manager at one of the Foods Plant of Pepsi Co. Intl.; working with them for 7 years. We do written & verbal communications at 10+ instances; through e-mails, Skype, telephone, smartphone, e-mails, etc.; to English native persons on daily basis. Having said that, I believe that scoring high in IELTS needs well planned techniques in which Time is a main factor while attempting Reading & Writing. So even if one is a native speaker or make daily use of English, like myself, its not mandatory that he/she will be able to secure high points. Score is also impacted by the Country in which One is taking IELTS. For example, if I could had taken IELTS in UAE/Thailand/China/KSA, I would definitely be able to score higher - its a human Psychology to rate high a person who is relatively better than others, in an exam.
Any ways, IELTS is over & I want to pursue now for 189 Skilled Immigration Process to AUS.
Thanks for your feedback.
Best Regards.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 1:51 am
Just Joined

Jimmy Lueng is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, I am on the same boat. I've got 6.5 on writing and speaking respectively, and 7/8 on the other two sections. How to meet high score criteria on writing and speaking part has struggled me for a while.

Could anyone provide some good sites or online materials on those parts, please?

Originally Posted by Ginomsk
Hello,
(1).I have Over All IELTS Score of 7.5 with following break up:
L:7
R:8
W:6.5
S:7.5
(2).Relevant Experience of 9years.
(3).Engineering Degree of 4years with a Total of 16years Education.
(4).Age of 32years and 4months.
Will I be able to secure 60points from DIBP, Australia under 189 Visa Application ?
Old Aug 26th 2016, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Ginomsk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jimmy Lueng
Actually, I am on the same boat. I've got 6.5 on writing and speaking respectively, and 7/8 on the other two sections. How to meet high score criteria on writing and speaking part has struggled me for a while.

Could anyone provide some good sites or online materials on those parts, please?
Dear Jimmy,
British Council (BC) can help You Score Higher than AEO. The online Training Material of BC for IELTS is outclass, it will definitely help you scoring higher. But this study material is only available to those candidates who register with BC by paying online.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of textbooks available but it does help to have a tutor to work through them. You should be able to improve your score with consistent and serious study and practice.