Looking for some advice on 887 visa

Old Feb 20th 2017, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Gazza88sco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for some advice on 887 visa

HI guys i'm hoping to get some advice.

The time has almost come that it has been 2 years since I got my 489 Family sponsored visa, a visa which i chose as I was short of points for the 189 which I was hoping to go for. I am now looking to progress onto the 887.
I have been based in Perth for the whole time although I have been working FIFO a large proportion of the time. I am a fully qualified WA Electrician.
My questions are as follows;

Proof of Address - I have been through all of my documentation and i don't have a huge amount of stuff with my address spanning the whole 2 years as I receive much of my mail electronically though I do have a couple of end of year summaries and I have a few bank statements. also many of my payslips have the address on them. Not sure where I stand on that.

Work History - 9 months from the start of the visa I worked consecutively on both a 2/1 roster and 3/1 roster from march until November. The project ended and I took the next 5 months of in which time obtained my full electrical licence. over the rest of the time in the 2 year period I worked sometimes for 2 weeks, sometimes 1 but not full time. I am still a casual but fairly regular employee with a big company in mining. Overall I have way over what would be 12 months worth of work in hours.

Medical and Police Clearances - Do I have to do another medical examination having done one for my 489 and do I need to obtain new Police clearances.

Apologies for the long winded post but I cant find detailed information on this and as of yet I have not used an immigration agent. I would like to try myself I went to the immigration office with these questions. a 40 minute drive and was told they don't do face to face interviews for this type of thing.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for some advice on 887 visa

Have you been living in Perth itself?
Old Feb 20th 2017, 5:33 am
Just Joined

Yes I have or working in the Pilbara or the goldfields but have always had an address in Perth I believe the entire state of WA is designated.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 5:47 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry read in a hurry

Last edited by teza; Feb 20th 2017 at 6:01 am.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 5:49 am
Just Joined

thats for state sponsorship I am sponsored by an eligable relative.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 11:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a lease? Phone contract? Medicare? Driver's license? Bills at your home?

If you look you'll find loads of things with your home address on them. Yes, you get your mail electronically, but surely your bank statements would have your home address on them. And surely your electric/gas/Foxtel bills would have an address attached to them. Who do you pay rent or a mortgage to? Doesn't that have an address?

I believe that you do need another medical and police clearance. However I'll leave those questions to someone who's more experienced with the 887 visas.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Do you have a lease? Phone contract? Medicare? Driver's license? Bills at your home?

If you look you'll find loads of things with your home address on them. Yes, you get your mail electronically, but surely your bank statements would have your home address on them. And surely your electric/gas/Foxtel bills would have an address attached to them. Who do you pay rent or a mortgage to? Doesn't that have an address?

I believe that you do need another medical and police clearance. However I'll leave those questions to someone who's more experienced with the 887 visas.
I've always lived with a Friend or family so no rental agreements. I've always had prepaid phones and haven't got bills as I have been fifo most of time. I have got as many bank statements as I can spanning the time they are half yearly ones a few of them but are full of transactions in designated areas and have address on them and some other recent letters and payg.I also have scanned drivers licence. I will see how I go with that.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 12:27 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza88sco
I've always lived with a Friend or family so no rental agreements. I've always had prepaid phones and haven't got bills as I have been fifo most of time. I have got as many bank statements as I can spanning the time they are half yearly ones a few of them but are full of transactions in designated areas and have address on them and some other recent letters and payg.I also have scanned drivers licence. I will see how I go with that.
There is a document checklist for the visa - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-...ment-checklist

Given your lack of evidence for the residence requirement, it may be worth having a chat with a MARA agent before applying to get advice on how best to present the evidence you do have, or perhaps postpone the application until you can gather more proof.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
There is a document checklist for the visa - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-...ment-checklist

Given your lack of evidence for the residence requirement, it may be worth having a chat with a MARA agent before applying to get advice on how best to present the evidence you do have, or perhaps postpone the application until you can gather more proof.
I might have a chat with an agent don't wanna postpone too much I have 16 files that cover a lot of the time how much do they cost?
Old Feb 21st 2017, 12:37 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza88sco
I might have a chat with an agent don't wanna postpone too much I have 16 files that cover a lot of the time how much do they cost?
Sorry, not sure on that. There's a few who post on here that may be able to help but not sure of cost. I would think (hope) a basic consult wouldn't be too expensive though.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 12:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Sorry, not sure on that. There's a few who post on here that may be able to help but not sure of cost. I would think (hope) a basic consult wouldn't be too expensive though.
OK i Will seek one out when I get a chance cheers.