ive got a criminal record

Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ive got a criminal record

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If by miserable you mean telling the way it is instead of what people simply want to hear, then yes, I'm miserable.

If you have a problem with any post, whether made by me or anyone else, you are more than welcome to report it. A moderator or admin will be along to deal with the offending post as soon as humanly possible. The report button is the little one right next to the karma button. It has a ! on it.
Too serious!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 9:53 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeeLee
Too serious!
No. Too tired of posters who decide that they can throw abuse and insults around and then stick a smilie on the end to make it 'a joke'. As I said, if you have an issue with a post you are free to report it. Otherwise, keep the personal comments/insults out of the forum as per rule 1 of the site rules...

1. BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 11:26 pm
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No. Too tired of posters who decide that they can throw abuse and insults around and then stick a smilie on the end to make it 'a joke'. As I said, if you have an issue with a post you are free to report it. Otherwise, keep the personal comments/insults out of the forum as per rule 1 of the site rules...

1. BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.
It was a joke or i wouldn't have put a smile...if you took it the wrong way then that's up to you. It's not my fault that you are far too serious not to smile once and a while. If you thought it was abuse or a personal 'attack' then report it as you keep saying but if you look at it again you will see it was really nothin to get heated up about. Can't believe your attitude about it to be honest..very odd indeed.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeeLee
It was a joke or i wouldn't have put a smile...if you took it the wrong way then that's up to you. It's not my fault that you are far too serious not to smile once and a while. If you thought it was abuse or a personal 'attack' then report it as you keep saying but if you look at it again you will see it was really nothin to get heated up about. Can't believe your attitude about it to be honest..very odd indeed.
The problem is that there has been an awful lot of personal abuse thrown at BE mods lately, both on the site and by pm, and we are a bit sick of it when we are just trying to help people. Thats why we have a suspicious nature these days about comments like yours
All sorted....Next please
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:37 pm
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Surely having a criminal record makes you more 'Australian'?

The best way to fit in in Australia is to give up on the tired old British convict jokes.

You'd be hard-pressed to find an Australian who has any convict origins.

As an Australian-born Ukrainian (ie NO convict ties), all the crap I've got from British people (while living in Britain) about a convict past stop being funny in the first two minutes and just sound childish and mean.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 2:22 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SNH

You'd be hard-pressed to find an Australian who has any convict origins.

Oh? I didnt realise they sterilised them all when they landed in Oz. Granted the gene pool has been somewhat diluted over the last hundred years or so with the influx of immigrants from all over the world. However I think it totally wrong to deny that the original heritage of the immigrant population in Australia is essentialy borne from the POME settlers. In my book that is as bad as claiming that the indigenous people weren't there already.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

Originally Posted by so.dizzy
ive got a criminal record and im realy worried<< number 1 a drunk driving offence,, took boyfriends car whilst pissed for a wynd up didnt plan to actually go anywere was only a learner driver as soon as i could i parked the car and walked home but hit a parked car trying to park.. bfriend went ape so cops were called,, and well i got arrested and the rest is history got a fine and ban for 18 months.. not one of my better decisions,,, and then before that a drugs charge,, well nothing that big a possesion,, and got admonished at court.. the most worrying one though is when i left my son at home asleep when he was three to go and collect a debt it was late at night..i know it was such a big mistake,, but my mate had a night job and we were skint about to run out of power,, card meter,,,winter and freezing and i knew she was getting payed and was giving me the run around..we had a buzzer entry at my flat and i didnt think anyone would apear anyhoo someone came to door unexpectedly, and cops were called when son couldnt open door and in house alone,, i was arrested for abandoment and got a right hard time from social services.. but was given a deffered sentence at court,, no more than i deserved ,, but i have been a model citizen since. it was all more than ten, for dd and twelve years ago for abandoment charge,, but it has all shown up on my police report and looks terrible,, i feel distraught,,, can anyone reasure me there may be a chance of us getting a visa??? my hubby is squeeky clean and i feel like a real bonny parker (a real crim)...please help with actual experience replies if you can,, send private message if youd rather be descrete... although any input will be appreciated cheers...... dizzy ps.. no offence please dont ask me to speak to an agent,, ive already done that they said not to worry but they wont be paying for my visa and vetassess if it is refused.....

Which would be worse giving up on your dreams or trying irrespective of what you have done in the past and submitting your application and knowing for sure on way or the other if your past has came back to haunt you.I would get some professional advice as they could help you with a letter and getting referees etc.At the end of the day anyone who applies is not assured they will get thier visa no matter who you are it is a gamble,dreams can be shattered but they can also be fulfilled,we aint here to judge just to pass on our experence's.
So its your call try to live the dream or sit back bury your head in the sand and day dream about what if?

Good luck with what ever you decide.

Nevsy