ive got a criminal record

Old Oct 24th 2008, 8:49 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ive got a criminal record

Originally Posted by TheSubMainMan
........ they where for robbing some house (technically burglary I think)
</IMG></IMG></IMG>
Nothing technical about that love - its Burglary!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:04 pm
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Wink Re: ive got a criminal record

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Nothing technical about that love - its Burglary!
I know what your saying, but for some reason the conviction wasn't Burglary. I think it was because we didn't break in.

The owner had left his door open. So while garden hopping, as you do when your 15. We thought it would be a good idea to have a good look around. Go figgure the inteligence of a bunch of 15 year olds.

Now I'm an adult, I know better. I know to go in armed to the teeth and take down every Mother F****er that moves!

</IMG></IMG>
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:24 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

I know what your saying, but for some reason the conviction wasn't Burglary. I think it was because we didn't break in.

The owner had left his door open. So while garden hopping, as you do when your 15. We thought it would be a good idea to have a good look around. Go figgure the inteligence of a bunch of 15 year olds.

Now I'm an adult, I know better. I know to go in armed to the teeth and take down every Mother F****er that moves!

</IMG></IMG>

Ha ha - yeh twenty years ago it would have been classed as trespass and theft probably - nowadays, you'd get done for Burg!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by so.dizzy
they said not to worry but they wont be paying for my visa and vetassess if it is refused.....
Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Why would they pay if your application is refused? Thats not the point of an agent. We all pay for our own applications and if they are refused the money is still taken, just one of the many chances you take moving to Australia
That's not what she meant. She meant that the agent may say not to worry but that they weren't the ones to lose the money if the application was turned down, she would be and therefore was worried.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 5:35 am
joke c

john channon has a spectacular aura aboutjohn channon has a spectacular aura aboutjohn channon has a spectacular aura about

hi i got in with a drunk driving charge,,,,,,,,we are in queensland ......
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:59 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by john channon
hi i got in with a drunk driving charge,,,,,,,,we are in queensland ......
One drunk driving charge is a little different than a child abandonment and drugs charge too. And each application is judged on it's own merits, so just because you got in does not mean that everyone with a drunk driving charge will. I have high blood pressure and arthritis. Others with the same conditions have een turned down.

As has been suggested to the OP she should contact a reputable agent who has experience in these types of cases.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:50 am
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Smile Re: ive got a criminal record

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Ha ha - yeh twenty years ago it would have been classed as trespass and theft probably - nowadays, you'd get done for Burg!
these days, if I got caught for burgarly, they would probably just let me off... again, and again!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:57 am
beach bum

these days, if I got caught for burgarly, they would probably just let me off... again, and again!
Are you on drugs? Have you not heard of 3 strikes and you're out?
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

so.dizzy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dorothy
One drunk driving charge is a little different than a child abandonment and drugs charge too. And each application is judged on it's own merits, so just because you got in does not mean that everyone with a drunk driving charge will. I have high blood pressure and arthritis. Others with the same conditions have een turned down.

As has been suggested to the OP she should contact a reputable agent who has experience in these types of cases.
dorothy you are absolutly right it is the acumilation of these charges together that are freeking me out it does look rather reckless when put together...although it was such a long time ago...
cheers dizzy
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

so.dizzy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by moneypen20
That's not what she meant. She meant that the agent may say not to worry but that they weren't the ones to lose the money if the application was turned down, she would be and therefore was worried.
thanks for getting that crystal.. it is a lot of money,,,if the aus gov would let you put your police check in for review before you apply at all it would make more sense and apart from the cost save you a world of heartache at the end..
cheers helena

Last edited by so.dizzy; Oct 28th 2008 at 2:51 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

so.dizzy.

I understand your predicament and certainly sympathise, without passing judgement on you.

I would suggest an agent - you have a fairly complicated case and I doubt any agent is going to say yes or no to your suitability unless they have a very similar case upon which to base their judgement that was recent. Plus, I imagine in many situations it is down to the CO, or group of, to assess you, and of course, these people will have different views. The closer you are to the line, the easier it is to end up on the other side of it (so to speak!).

The main reason I would recommend using an agent would be that they would be able to advise you how to write a suitable statement in the correct manner. I know posting online is easier to forget grammatical issues etc and I pass no judgement, but for me the crucial thing will be how the documents you submit are worded - and an agent will know far better than you or I what should be said, and how to say it.

For this reason alone I would say take, and pay, for the advice of an agent, and ensure you use them.

Sure, it will not be cheap, but unfortunately that is the price (pun not intended) you have to pay for your past. And good luck. If you are reformed character then all the best to you...
Old Oct 28th 2008, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

heg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the main thing is whether or not you've spent more than 12 months in jail. This is not the case so your application would not be refused out of hand. It's up to you to do a bit of soul-searching and look at the positives which have come out of your experiences. You have to present your case for why you're a good person with lots to offer and have learnt you lesson etc.

You'll need to write a statement describing circumstances and how you've moved on from this; character references and maybe court details or proof that you have paid any fines.

An agent may be able to help you get it spot on.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy

Is that why you're so bloody miserable!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeeLee
I hope that's meant as a joke......not really on to make personal comments like that about one of the most helpful posters on this forum.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 6:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeeLee
If by miserable you mean telling the way it is instead of what people simply want to hear, then yes, I'm miserable.

If you have a problem with any post, whether made by me or anyone else, you are more than welcome to report it. A moderator or admin will be along to deal with the offending post as soon as humanly possible. The report button is the little one right next to the karma button. It has a ! on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.