Inquiries about 189 & 190 visas

Old Sep 30th 2014, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Amr Yahia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Inquiries about 189 & 190 visas

As I am in the start of the road. I have a question about 189 & 190 skilled visas.

I can gather 55 points + 5 points of nomination of a state

so, if I gather the 60 points, I will be able to apply for 190 visa.

What if I can get 7 in IELTS and gain extra 10 points.

- Can I apply for both visas or I have a right to apply for only one visa ?
- If my points is 60 (without extra points) with 190 visa. What is the probability of success ?

Thank you
Old Sep 30th 2014, 10:00 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inquiries about 189 & 190 visas

Originally Posted by Amr Yahia
As I am in the start of the road. I have a question about 189 & 190 skilled visas.

I can gather 55 points + 5 points of nomination of a state

so, if I gather the 60 points, I will be able to apply for 190 visa.

What if I can get 7 in IELTS and gain extra 10 points.

- Can I apply for both visas or I have a right to apply for only one visa ?
- If my points is 60 (without extra points) with 190 visa. What is the probability of success ?

Thank you
Are any states sponsoring your occupation, and do they have any additional criteria you need to meet?
Old Sep 30th 2014, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I Western Australia & New South Wales are sponsoring my occupation. However, NSW do not request higher IELTS level. I think it will be appropriate.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 7:57 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I Western Australia & New South Wales are sponsoring my occupation. However, NSW do not request higher IELTS level. I think it will be appropriate.
NSW only allow applications for sponsorship during small windows so you would need to find out when the next one is and be ready. Have you already had your skills assessed?

If you are sponsored, 60 points is enough for an invite. Have you checked the work situation in NSW?
Old Sep 30th 2014, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

60 points are enough for an invite but what is the probability of taking the visa ?

I did not check the work situation because I have not initiated my plan yet.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 4:12 am

60 points are enough for an invite but what is the probability of taking the visa ?

I did not check the work situation because I have not initiated my plan yet.
If you receive an invite, then as long as you meet all criteria and this is verified then you are good. More points increase the liklihood of being invited, but all state sponsored applicants receive an invite I think
Old Oct 1st 2014, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.