Immigrating from Spain

Old May 21st 2016, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Indaloman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigrating from Spain

We are hoping to get to Sydney on an 864 visa (Contributory aged parent).
One of our many problems is that we have lived in Spain for ten years. Has anyone on this forum moved from Spain? My concern is primarily getting a removal company from here - any ideas?
I am also unsure about police checks and medicals over here ( as we have to be onshore to apply for our visa, would the medical be done in Aus?).
We have our first house viewing on Monday, and I have suddenly realised that I have done little practical planning!
Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope someone can help.
Ian
Old May 21st 2016, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigrating from Spain

I cannot help with the removalists, but have you tried the regular international shippers like John Mason, Allied, Doree Bonner etc? They must know what to do, people must move from Spain.

Also are you aware that whilst this is an onshore application, it doesn't mean you can travel to Australia for the sole purpose of lodging it. You would need a visa to enter Australia in the first place, what visa do or will you have?

Note that the removalists will check that you have a suitable visa in place before they ship your possessions.
Old May 24th 2016, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Indaloman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigrating from Spain

Bermudashorts, thanks for the reply.