laura644 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS test results

I got my results last week and scored:
Speaking 9
Reading 8.5
Listening 8.5
Writing 7.5

It says overall my result was 8.5

I thought your result was the lowest score from the 4 tests, so 7.5 in my case??

Just want to double check as I need a score of 8 for my visa application.

Thanks
Old Nov 16th 2014, 8:56 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS test results

Originally Posted by laura644
Speaking 9
Reading 8.5
Listening 8.5
Writing 7.5

I thought your result was the lowest score from the 4 tests, so 7.5 in my case??

Thanks
If you need 8's for the application, then you need 8 in each test (or better). Have you considered a remark on the writing?
Old Nov 16th 2014, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking 9
Reading 8.5
Listening 8.5
Writing 7.5

Thanks
Was this the academic IELTS fir skills selection? If so, their is good enough for that, but if you need 20 points for your visa application then you are short as you need 8 in every section. The overall score referenced is an IELTS thing, but Australian immigration has a different requirement.

As OS has said, you could consider a remark, or if you sit again, take the general test which is easier on reading and writing.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

I mucked up as I booked the wrong test so I have to do it again anyway, I was just trying to understand the marking. This was the general training test I sat, but I actually need to do the academic version for my skills assessment.

I do need the 20 points for my visa app, can this be done on either test type? Just thinking, if I don't score 8 in every section of the academic test, then could I ask for a remark of my general training one in the hope they might bump the writing score up to an 8?? I assume you have to pay for a remark?

Thanks
Old Nov 16th 2014, 10:19 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I mucked up as I booked the wrong test so I have to do it again anyway, I was just trying to understand the marking. This was the general training test I sat, but I actually need to do the academic version for my skills assessment.

I do need the 20 points for my visa app, can this be done on either test type? Just thinking, if I don't score 8 in every section of the academic test, then could I ask for a remark of my general training one in the hope they might bump the writing score up to an 8?? I assume you have to pay for a remark?

Thanks
You do have to pay for a remark, but it gets refunded if they up the score I think - should be on FAQ for IELTS I would think. If you get all 8's on Academic you can use that for points as well as skills assessment. Have a look at sample writing pieces for the Academic test as it is slightly different so be prepared
Old Nov 17th 2014, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
When are you taking your academic one? Is it soon? I was just wondering if there is a time limit on asking for a remark that is all, so I wouldn't want to leave it too long. Perhaps you could ask for a remark and in the meantime sit the academic one for skills assessment as well.

Or take your chances and hope you get all 8s? The academic is harder and generally people would expect to do not as well, but I am just wondering as you are an accountant, it might suit your skill set better.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Bermudashorts, I am sitting the academic on 6th December, I will contact the test centre & ask about the remarking deadline.

I was wondering that too, I might even do better in the academic, writing about graphs/charts might be more up my street!