IELTS and PTE Academic

Old Jul 14th 2015, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

starwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nice
Default IELTS and PTE Academic

Hi All,

Need 10 points to reach 60 Points and 20 for 70 Points, So Did IELTS on 27th June and below are the Score.

L:8.5/R:8.5/S:7.5/W:6.5, In the mean time went through this forum and found PTE Academic is not challenging as much as IELTS, But went through the training materials, Oh god, its upside down.. Summarizing a 3-4 Paragraph to one sentence. is not an easy task, which we have to finish in 10 Mins..

Any One had experience in both, Please Share your thoughts.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

nilv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS and PTE Academic

See my thread on this same question here

I cannot say which is easier as I have done both and not met the exact requirement for IELTS 3 times in a row (admittedly this was over a span of 5 years & I had different uses of an English competency result) whereas I scored well above the requirement for the PTE-A test on the first attempt just a couple of months back.
With IELTS you are in a room of several other people and are required to follow instructions and for me this 'bulk mode' operation added to the pressure whereas with PTE, it is you in front of a computer following on-screen instructions. The rest is upon how well you prepare.
I took almost a month preparing for every attempt despite my English being a decent standard.

Looking at your IELTS scores you may want to focus on brushing up your writing and if you plan on taking the PTE test then get the preparation material from their very own site - i got the one that includes a simulated test and it got me in the appropriate mental zone of what to expect and how to deal with it on exam day.

Hope this helps and good luck!