IELTS expires in 6 or 12 months?

Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:32 pm
Kramer

CKramer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS expires in 6 or 12 months?

I read somewhere that;
While IELTS result is valid for 12 months if you must submit result that is no older than 6 months.
Is that true?
Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:35 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS expires in 6 or 12 months?

Originally Posted by CKramer
I read somewhere that;
While IELTS result is valid for 12 months if you must submit result that is no older than 6 months.
Is that true?

I am not sure, I do think there is a validity period.

Actually, hubby sits his on 12 november.

I have told him, no pressure like but if he could get a band score of 8, that would be nice.

How did you find the test?
Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:50 pm
Kramer

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

How did you find the test?
I have average 7.5. English is not my native language.

Listening tests 40% your knowledge and 60% your attention and concentration.

Reading is 60% knowledge, 30% concentration

Writing is 80% knowledge and 20% your writing talent

Speaking result was surprising. I have great vocabulary and speak freely like in my native language, without errors.
But I got only 6 in Speaking because of pronunciation and accent!

Last edited by CKramer; Oct 25th 2005 at 10:51 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:53 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I have average 6. English is not my native language.

Listening tests 40% your knowledge and 60% your attention and concentration.

Reading is 60% knowledge, 30% concentration

Writing is 80% knowledge and 20% your writing talent

Speaking result was surprising. I have great vocabulary and speak freely like in my native language, without errors.
But I got only 6 in Speaking because of pronunciation and accent!

My husbands speaking, listening and reading are excellent, his spelling and punctuation let him down.

Although he has been working hard and is improving, he is doing an hour every night.

He has a good memory for listening to the CD and repeating it hours later.

So its the writing Im worried about.

What do you need to get the maximum 20 points from DIMIA overall then?
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

A minimum of 6 in each of the four categories. - so 8, 8, 8 and 5.5 is not good enough.

Tony

My husbands speaking, listening and reading are excellent, his spelling and punctuation let him down.

Although he has been working hard and is improving, he is doing an hour every night.

He has a good memory for listening to the CD and repeating it hours later.

What do you need to get the maximum 20 points from DIMIA overall then?
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:54 pm
Kramer

The leson I learned from writing test -don't use draft. There is no enough time to transfer it to examination list later. Write to exam paper form the beginning.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

xris079 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by welshtony
A minimum of 6 in each of the four categories. - so 8, 8, 8 and 5.5 is not good enough.

Tony
As far as I'm aware, IELTS has a validity of 2 years, but for DIMIA it has a validity of 1 year only.

Greetz

Xris
Old Oct 26th 2005, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: IELTS expires in 6 or 12 months?

The leson I learned from writing test -don't use draft. There is no enough time to transfer it to examination list later. Write to exam paper form the beginning.
Dear Ckarmer,
As Xris tells IELTS validation is 2 years from the exam date. Following the booklet6 , you may get 20 with a score like : 6-6-6-6 , and got 15 with 9-9-9-5.5 ! , so as you can see if you think that 15 suffice to get the passmark OK..go ahead...they would let you only one band below 6!

Regarding this exam as far as I know , the result may vary from centerA to centerB considerably and as I heared some guys tried to find easier centers(!)based on :
1- better quality of vocie (depends on exam hall)
2- better and fair speaking-reading examiner

just for your information 5 years ago when I took the exam for the first time with a mediocare speaking presentation(but very good accent) I got 7, yet after 4 years of living with English speaking people and doing anything including job , study ... in Enligsh ,I tried again and got 7 in speaking!!!! , I promise you the latter examiner who was not an English native speaker, could not understand some parts of my talks!!!!(this was another center, same country).
in fact I got problem with reading that time...
Just as a final experience that might work,NEVER ask the center for something like express result , I and other 3 guys believed that if we did not want to get it sooner we would get much better score! , this was a real comparison between us and others that we knew their level of English at the same exam, though I am not pretty sure that was they do with your exam paper when they are gonna announce the result sooner...
Old Oct 29th 2005, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

caringgoofi has a spectacular aura aboutcaringgoofi has a spectacular aura aboutcaringgoofi has a spectacular aura about

I read somewhere that;
Is that true?
IELTS is valid for a period of year and if timing is right , same result can be used for skills assessment and main application. As for the main application, original letter is used and not a certified copy, therefore letter goes to it deserving place and of no further use.
A minimum of 6 is required in all bands and one can easily score them with a little of concentration at the time of exam.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: IELTS expires in 6 or 12 months?

Hi friends ,
IELTS is valid for 2 years:
http://www.metafaq.com/action/answer...092EAH6IOQONC8

Also you may check the relevant booklet of 2005 for more information.

In addition , be reminded that IELTS writing module is going to be changed by JAN 2006, as far as I checked gonna more similar to TOEFL in task2 .

Good Luck
Old Oct 30th 2005, 9:24 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Hi friends ,
IELTS is valid for 2 years:
http://www.metafaq.com/action/answer...092EAH6IOQONC8

Also you may check the relevant booklet of 2005 for more information.

In addition , be reminded that IELTS writing module is going to be changed by JAN 2006, as far as I checked gonna more similar to TOEFL in task2 .

Good Luck
Hi Everyone,

The DIMIA standard is not to accept IELTS scores more than one year old, even though IELTS itself regards the tests as valid for two years. DIMIA Case Officers will sometimes decide that a re-test is not necessary, if you've previously reached an acceptable level although your test is more than a year old.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Oct 30th 2005, 9:30 am
Kramer

Originally Posted by George Lombard

The DIMIA standard is not to accept IELTS scores more than one year old, even though IELTS itself regards the tests as valid for two years. DIMIA Case Officers will sometimes decide that a re-test is not necessary, if you've previously reached an acceptable level although your test is more than a year old.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks George! That was the answer I was looking for!
Old Oct 30th 2005, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Unhappy Re: IELTS expires in 6 or 12 months?

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Everyone,

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George and other friends,
I have an IELTS results dated May 2004 and I am gonna apply next week , so you suggest try it or redoing ?

Thanks for any comment.