IELTS

Old Oct 13th 2017, 8:02 pm
KSH
Just Joined

KSH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS

Hi, im new here and just have a question.

I recently took the academic IELTS test and needed to get 8's in all components to get the 20 points towards the 189 visa. However only needed 7 across the board for ANMAC skills assesment (Im a nurse)

My scores were:

Reading - 8
Listening - 8
Writing -7
Speaking - 8.5

So I have enough for ANMAC but not the visa, my question is can I just take the General IELTS now to try and get the 8 or do I have to do the academic again. Im assuming the General is a bit easier than the academic version.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 11:55 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS

Originally Posted by KSH
Hi, im new here and just have a question.

I recently took the academic IELTS test and needed to get 8's in all components to get the 20 points towards the 189 visa. However only needed 7 across the board for ANMAC skills assesment (Im a nurse)

My scores were:

Reading - 8
Listening - 8
Writing -7
Speaking - 8.5

So I have enough for ANMAC but not the visa, my question is can I just take the General IELTS now to try and get the 8 or do I have to do the academic again. Im assuming the General is a bit easier than the academic version.

Thanks in advance for your help.
DIBP accept the general test for points.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 10:16 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS

Absolutely, this is quite common for nurses: do the Academic for skills, hoping to get 8s, but if you get 7s this is still fine for skills, and you can redo the test at General level later for the visa application - should you require the additional points.

Regards,

Richard