Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

(ICT Project Manager) experience Vs education

(ICT Project Manager) experience Vs education

Old Sep 16th 2014, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

badraldin is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy (ICT Project Manager) experience Vs education

Hi everybody.... i hope you all are doing fine

i want to apply for Australia immigration under the title of ICT project manager (ICT Project Manager - 135112 ) i have my PMP ( project management professional certificate) and 8 years experience in these field. the issue is my educational degree is BSc in science and education ( physics and chemistry )
will i be able to get any points from my experience or not ?? and is it ok to have your work experience in different field than what are you applying for ?

thanx for your help and support .
Old Sep 16th 2014, 7:56 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: (ICT Project Manager) experience Vs education

Originally Posted by badraldin
Hi everybody.... i hope you all are doing fine

i want to apply for Australia immigration under the title of ICT project manager (ICT Project Manager - 135112 ) i have my PMP ( project management professional certificate) and 8 years experience in these field. the issue is my educational degree is BSc in science and education ( physics and chemistry )
will i be able to get any points from my experience or not ?? and is it ok to have your work experience in different field than what are you applying for ?

thanx for your help and support .
ICT Project Manager is on the CSOL only so if you can pass the skills assessment you will need to find a state to sponsor you. Might be worth checking if any states are sponsoring the position before you start. The skills assessment is by ACS and if you check the summary criteria - https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...teria-2014.pdf - a non ICT qualification would require an RPL application and 6 years experience. This would only leave 2 years after assessment, so you would not get points for experience.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

badraldin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: (ICT Project Manager) experience Vs education

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
ICT Project Manager is on the CSOL only so if you can pass the skills assessment you will need to find a state to sponsor you. Might be worth checking if any states are sponsoring the position before you start. The skills assessment is by ACS and if you check the summary criteria - https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...teria-2014.pdf - a non ICT qualification would require an RPL application and 6 years experience. This would only leave 2 years after assessment, so you would not get points for experience.
thank you old.sparkles for your rapid replay , unfortunately this seems to be some bad news, but you saved me a lot of time i would waste collecting my documents and certificates .i thought that PMp may be sufficient for them but it seems that i was mistaken .