Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

I am totally fed up!This immigration will be the death of me!

I am totally fed up!This immigration will be the death of me!

Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

johnb1 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy I am totally fed up!This immigration will be the death of me!

Forget th smp lists now!
Surely its just a matter of time until all other states make same statement.
I honestly feel like crying

Due to the forthcoming federal election in Australia, the Victorian Government State Migration Plan will be implemented no earlier than 1 September 2010.

The others wont be getting theirs passed, if they cant?
Its just one thing after another, we took risk of selling house coz we had a buyer who offered full asking price in Jan 10.
I am beginning to think i have made a terrible mistake, for my wife & 2 young children.
I only want a bit of positive news PLEASE.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am totally fed up!This immigration will be the death of me!

John - you only applied in April? You did not expect a visa already did you? Anyone on BE could have told you in April that you could be waiting about 3 years for your visa.

It was your decision to sell your house in January before you even applied for the visa , that was your choice and your gamble.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:20 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

yep, could be worse, you could have been waiting for about 8 years to even get to the point of applying, like us

stay positive, you'll get there

... its only money, and there are no pockets in shrouds!
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
John - you only applied in April? You did not expect a visa already did you? Anyone on BE could have told you in April that you could be waiting about 3 years for your visa.

It was your decision to sell your house in January before you even applied for the visa , that was your choice and your gamble.
Erm?
When I started to collate information for my skills assessment in June 10, It was taking 12 months for a State Sponsored 176 visa to be processed, not 3 years!
You cant honestly tell me that the immigration process is running smoothly or consistantly, there has been change after change since Aug 09 most of which has been unclear.
I am not naive to think that I would have a visa in my hand in 2-3 months, but if I am being sponsored by a state within Aus. then they must require my skills?
Just because I lodged in April,(there was a delay with WA, who were taking 6 weeks to process, then 6 months) its took a lot of money and effort, heartache just to get too that stage, yes I took the risk and yes its my fault, but the Australian Immigration Dept. didnt mind taking my $3500 and then leaving me out to dry.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnb1
Erm?
When I started to collate information for my skills assessment in June 10, It was taking 12 months for a State Sponsored 176 visa to be processed, not 3 years!
You cant honestly tell me that the immigration process is running smoothly or consistantly, there has been change after change since Aug 09 most of which has been unclear.
I am not naive to think that I would have a visa in my hand in 2-3 months, but if I am being sponsored by a state within Aus. then they must require my skills? Just because I lodged in April,(there was a delay with WA, who were taking 6 weeks to process, then 6 months) its took a lot of money and effort, heartache just to get too that stage, yes I took the risk and yes its my fault, but the Australian Immigration Dept. didnt mind taking my $3500 and then leaving me out to dry.
I have not said that immigration process is running smoothly or consistently. I am well aware of and have kept up to date with all the changes as I am sure anyone who spends time reading in here will verify. I have great sympathy for people that have been affected by rule changes and have been waiting for years on end. I think the shifting of the goalposts is appalling. However you applied three months ago when there was loads of information out there about how long it would take.

And sorry but state sponsored visas were not taking 12 months when you applied. If you think that you did not carry out your research correctly. The only skilled migrant applications that were likely to take 12 months or less were those that were on the CSL, and your occupation was not on the CSL. Thus "not before end of 2012" should have been your expectation.

The good news for you is that the new priorities have just been announced and state sponsored visas have moved up the list regardless of occupation. So things should have actually improved for you in the last few days.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

The good news for you is that the new priorities have just been announced and state sponsored visas have moved up the list regardless of occupation. So things should have actually improved for you in the last few days.[/QUOTE]

Thats my point, Its no good having state sponsorship without the approval of the minister. Which were supposed to be approved by now. So I am not priority 2 I am 4.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thats my point, Its no good having state sponsorship without the approval of the minister. Which were supposed to be approved by now. So I am not priority 2 I am 4.
And if your occupation is on the SMP you will move to category 2.

At the time of application you were category 5 and officially would have been looking at a three year wait. So really anything less than that is a bonus. Well it might not feel like a bonus, but perhaps it would help your stress levels if you try to see it that way.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
And if your occupation is on the SMP you will move to category 2.

At the time of application you were category 5 and officially would have been looking at a three year wait. So really anything less than that is a bonus. Well it might not feel like a bonus, but perhaps it would help your stress levels if you try to see it that way.
What SMP? its on the state priority list. Still waiting for big Chris to pull his finger out.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What SMP? its on the state priority list. Still waiting for big Chris to pull his finger out.
Yes we know. And when it comes out, if your occupation is on it then you move up two categories. If it isn't then you are no worse off than when you applied. So fingers crossed.