Human Resource Manager ANZSCO 132311

Old Mar 19th 2017, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Hira Ali is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Human Resource Manager ANZSCO 132311

Hi everyone

Hope you all are doing great.

I applied for skill assessment as a Recruitment Consultant in 2012 from overseas.I got it positively assessed but for some reason could not pursue with applying straightaway as a permanent resident, instead came to Australia as a student.

Now, that i have completed my studies in Accounting, the Recruitment Consultant occupation is no longer in CSOL. Instead only HR manager occupation is there and i really want to get my skills assessed as a human resource manager and obtain an EOI in this occupation. My question here is that as my skills were previously assessed as a recruitment consultant, is HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER a closely related field and do you reckon I should apply as a HR manager on the basis of my previous 3 year recruitment consultant experience? Is it possible ? Should I go for it?

And, both the occupations lie in the same unit group but the issue is rec consultant is no longer in ANY occupation list.

Please reply to my query guys as im very confused and really really need your help.

It will be highly appreciated.

Thankfully
Old Mar 19th 2017, 10:12 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Human Resource Manager ANZSCO 132311

Originally Posted by Hira Ali
Hi everyone

Hope you all are doing great.

I applied for skill assessment as a Recruitment Consultant in 2012 from overseas.I got it positively assessed but for some reason could not pursue with applying straightaway as a permanent resident, instead came to Australia as a student.

Now, that i have completed my studies in Accounting, the Recruitment Consultant occupation is no longer in CSOL. Instead only HR manager occupation is there and i really want to get my skills assessed as a human resource manager and obtain an EOI in this occupation. My question here is that as my skills were previously assessed as a recruitment consultant, is HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER a closely related field and do you reckon I should apply as a HR manager on the basis of my previous 3 year recruitment consultant experience? Is it possible ? Should I go for it?

And, both the occupations lie in the same unit group but the issue is rec consultant is no longer in ANY occupation list.

Please reply to my query guys as im very confused and really really need your help.

It will be highly appreciated.

Thankfully
Human Resource Manager is assessed by AIM - and will be difficult to pass as it is classed as a senior functional manager. From AIM's website :

To be assessed as Senior Functional Manager for migration purposes, an applicant must:
•Have a proven record in a senior functional management position over a continuous period of at least three (3) years, requiring the delegation of authority directly to three or more subordinate managers each of whom hold positions requiring the delegation of work to three or more subordinates in managerial or supervisory positions;
•Hold the most senior management position within the applicant’s functional area of responsibility within the organisation;
•Report directly to the Owner of the business, Corporate General Manager, Chief Executive Officer or Managing Director; or report directly to the Department Head if the applicant works within the public sector: or provide consultancy advice as a Senior Management Consultant to client organisations at the level of Corporate General Manager or above;
•Have the decision making responsibility, through delegation to three or more subordinate managers, for a range of specific responsibilities in the applicant’s functional area;
•Be wholly responsible for achieving his/her functional responsibilities within the organisation;
•Have had a proven and successful experience in a broad range of managerial responsibilities prior to being appointed to the top functional position.

For all applications, the years of experience may be reduced if the applicant has qualifications in management studies or business administration assessed as comparable to an Australian Bachelor, Post Graduate or Master degree, or in a discipline relevant to the field in which the manager is working. This applies where the qualification concerned has been completed immediately prior to, or within the relevant time frame of years of management experience being assessed. The Country Education Profiles prepared by the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition are the basis for an educational assessment.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Thanku oldsparkles for your kind response.
Do yiu reckon i ahould not waste time and move on with my accounting degree instead?please advise
Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2017, 9:32 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Difficult one.

Accountants need to generate at the very least 70 points, preferably 75 points, to be selected at all just now, so you would need to check how many points you can generate should you wish to consider the accountant route.

For AIM, it's very hard to get a positive assessment via this route. You need to be a senior manager who manages at least three junior managers, who themselves each manage three subordinates who act in a managerial or supervisory capacity, so we're talking large organisations here.

Organisational charts need to be provided to verify the above hierarchy.

Regards,

Richard
Old Mar 20th 2017, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Richard_Gregan
Difficult one.

Accountants need to generate at the very least 70 points, preferably 75 points, to be selected at all just now, so you would need to check how many points you can generate should you wish to consider the accountant route.

For AIM, it's very hard to get a positive assessment via this route. You need to be a senior manager who manages at least three junior managers, who themselves each manage three subordinates who act in a managerial or supervisory capacity, so we're talking large organisations here.

Organisational charts need to be provided to verify the above hierarchy.

Regards,

Richard
Thanks Richard. If that is the case, I better not worry about getting my skills assessed by AIM as the selection process and criteria sound quite tough.