How long does it take?

Old Jul 8th 2010, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

symel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long does it take?

Hi all
have just started filling out visa and got around 40% through it, and have been told to apply to vetassess for my trade (plumber) have paid the $600 and will send off the docs. my question really is realistically how long will it take for the visa process to happen, once the assessment is completed? ( i hope i pass!). looking at a 176 state sponser to perth WA and my OH is a primary/special needs teacher.
i know its a usual question and it all varies, just wondered as we would like to be out by june 2011!!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long does it take?

Hi Symel.

There is a very good thread called "how long is a piece of string" in the immigration forum which you might want to have a read of.

Seriously, my view is that unless plumber is on the State Migration Plan of WA that your target of being in Australia by June 2011 is highly optimistic. I would presume you won't move over the day after you get your visa, so you would need to get a visa in well under 12 months to achieve that target.

At the moment, somebody migrating as a plumber would be looking at two or three years. Processing priorities do change and if your occupation is on the SMP and you manage to secure sponsorship from WA then this would be less. At the moment I don't believe WA have issued their SMP, so that is something you should keep an eye out for.

good luck.