Hi - Looking at Australia

Old Sep 19th 2016, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Jacoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi - Looking at Australia

Hi

I've come into here to find out about what visa may or may not be available for me and my family . Mum is now an Australian citizen lived in Australia for 30+ years. Age and illness is starting to catch up . No family there and I'm her only child . Is the carers visa still going ? If you could point me in the direction on here to find information that would be great. We are in the UK.

Thank you
Old Sep 19th 2016, 7:38 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi - Looking at Australia

Originally Posted by Jacoz
Hi

I've come into here to find out about what visa may or may not be available for me and my family . Mum is now an Australian citizen lived in Australia for 30+ years. Age and illness is starting to catch up . No family there and I'm her only child . Is the carers visa still going ? If you could point me in the direction on here to find information that would be great. We are in the UK.

Thank you
read here..

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/116-
Old Sep 19th 2016, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the link
Old Sep 19th 2016, 9:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thank you
The Carers visa does still exist though I gather processing is slow. Not an easy one to qualify for though. would you qualify for a skills visa?
If you do go down the Carers route I would suggest getting professional advice.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 10:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thank you
Welcome to BE.

I have moved your thread over to the Immigration Forum.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The Carers visa does still exist though I gather processing is slow. Not an easy one to qualify for though. would you qualify for a skills visa?
If you do go down the Carers route I would suggest getting professional advice.
Unfortunately we wouldn't qualify in another category - if I looked after mum my husband would find roofing work . As regards professional advice which agents would you suggest?
Thanks
Old Sep 19th 2016, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Welcome to BE.

I have moved your thread over to the Immigration Forum.
Ok thanks - can you tell me how I get notifications that someone has replied ? I keep having to go into my log in and check my post . I've got it in instant email notifications but it's not alerting me .

Jacoz

Last edited by Jacoz; Sep 19th 2016 at 2:38 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 2:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thanks - can you tell me how I get notifications that someone has replied ? I keep having to go into my log in and check my post .

Jacoz
One way is to hit the 'My Profile' tab at the top of the page.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

You would have to prove that no other services could look after your mum and that would be very hard to justify. Would mum move back to be with you? Older people often do want to return to their roots and she might be better off back in UK with you
Old Sep 19th 2016, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by quoll
You would have to prove that no other services could look after your mum and that would be very hard to justify. Would mum move back to be with you? Older people often do want to return to their roots and she might be better off back in UK with you
Hi

Yes after looking through some of the criteria it would be tough . Mum has no intention of going to the uk - she is an Australian and that's her home. She has never missed the UK . She's told us while she's still got her marbles if it came to it she'd sort a home out for herself rather than come here. Hence me looking at this option. If it happens that would be great we all know there's probably only a slim chance and that it would take time .
Old Sep 20th 2016, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yes after looking through some of the criteria it would be tough . Mum has no intention of going to the uk - she is an Australian and that's her home. She has never missed the UK . She's told us while she's still got her marbles if it came to it she'd sort a home out for herself rather than come here. Hence me looking at this option. If it happens that would be great we all know there's probably only a slim chance and that it would take time .
I think it is overly optimistic to say there is a slim chance unfortunately. I expect there is no chance whatsoever if you do not qualify for a skills /work based visa. What are both of your occupations by the way?

I really don't know why they have that carer visa when the criteria is pretty impossible to meet.
Old Sep 20th 2016, 6:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately we wouldn't qualify in another category - if I looked after mum my husband would find roofing work . As regards professional advice which agents would you suggest?
Thanks
Either George Lombard or Alan Collett would be worth a go. I'd say the chances of getting it are slim thpugh.
Old Sep 20th 2016, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

If she is able to sort out a care home then there would be no need for you to be there to care for her - so I think you would have buckleys of getting a carer visa. Care homes or in home care will do the job.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by quoll
If she is able to sort out a care home then there would be no need for you to be there to care for her - so I think you would have buckleys of getting a carer visa. Care homes or in home care will do the job.
Thanks for that answer everything is sorted now !
Old Sep 29th 2016, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Either George Lombard or Alan Collett would be worth a go. I'd say the chances of getting it are slim thpugh.
Yea I'm getting that picture now! This is a massive site and no one has been successful! I'm amazed and disappointed.