hgv driver

Old Jan 24th 2018, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

massinis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hgv driver

are there any chances of a sponsorship etc for a 37 year old single man with 4 years experience driving hgv class one in the uk
Old Jan 24th 2018, 7:31 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hgv driver

Find an Aussie girl who wants to marry you.
Old Jan 24th 2018, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spuddyo
Find an Aussie girl who wants to marry you.
If only lol.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 1:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by massinis
If only lol.
Probably the only way of getting a visa, I'm afraid. Even if you could find someone willing to sponsor then HGV driver has not been on the skills lists for many years, so its a non-starter I'm afraid.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

i work for dhl and two managers i have spoken to have said that the company would be willing to transfer me and sponsor me to go to any depot that they have globally. aparently this is open to all dhl employees. i just think its maybe to good to be true! if it did work out and it happened how long could i stay before i would have to return and how long before i could apply for permanent residency/citizenship?
Old Jan 26th 2018, 2:59 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

i work for dhl and two managers i have spoken to have said that the company would be willing to transfer me and sponsor me to go to any depot that they have globally. aparently this is open to all dhl employees. i just think its maybe to good to be true! .....
Your employer can talk about transferring you, but without a visa, or other basis for being allowed to work, such as citizenship, they are powerless to relocate you to a country where you have no visa/work permit/ citizenship, and Australia doesn't issue visas for truck drivers. As advised above, marriage to an Australian might be the only way for you to get a visa to work in Australia, but none of us here in BE would condone that route except to the extent that it is incidental to a genuine and potentially permanent relationship.

This is unlike the EU/ EFTA, where any employer can move anyone at any time without even needing to give a reason, because there is "freedom of movement". In the rest of the world, it doesn't work like that. ..... I think under certain circumstances HGV drivers can still get a visa to work in Canada, so if Oz isn't possible, maybe you could try Canada.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 26th 2018 at 3:04 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 5:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

i work for dhl and two managers i have spoken to have said that the company would be willing to transfer me and sponsor me to go to any depot that they have globally. aparently this is open to all dhl employees. i just think its maybe to good to be true! if it did work out and it happened how long could i stay before i would have to return and how long before i could apply for permanent residency/citizenship?
They can't transfer you unless the country they are transferring you to will give you a visa
To get a visa for Aus your skill needs to be on one of the lists and HGV driver isn't. There are already enough people here willing to do the job.
Old Jan 27th 2018, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

They might be happy to transfer you to any country that you can obtain a visa for, but that doesn't include Oz. Likewise, if you were Australian and wanted to move to the uk, you couldn't.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 11:15 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to look at Canada instead, although their process is as difficult as any other.

Regards,

Richard