help with this small problem called love.

Old Mar 2nd 2001, 5:00 pm
Colin and Brenda Perry

Hi all.

I was kind hoping some kind soul could help me out here, as calls to the DIMA only leave
me more confused.. any help or insights would be appreciated.

Ok, I have known this girl who lives in turkey, for about 3 years.

About 7 months ago she applied for an Australian visitor visa, and was promptly rejected,
because she was young and knew a resident, "myself", rather well.

Six months ago I flew over to meet her for the first time. All being as I had hoped and
dreamed. I wanted to return with her, to Australia and marry her. But the rejection on her
passport and visa application was not in our favour, the Australian consulate would not
process any new application for another year after an rejection, curious though,
Australian Immigration said they will expect it, but it will not get processed. Anyway, so
I have decided to get married over there.

This all being true, I am intending to sponsoring her "immigration visa" I think it's
called. But I must wait 6 months or more.

If there was a way for her to come here and we could marry here, would she have to return
to her country and wait?

Also if we did get married, and then applied for the "immigration visa" as well as an
"education visa", would she be allowed to enter, with this education visa, which I am lead
to believe will get approved much sooner, as she does intend to study.

Can anyone suggest anything that I have overlooked or not seen, I would normally not be
concerned about staying abroad, except I can not speak the local language well, and I my
job prospects are not that bright there.. And I am not keen to leave her after I am
married, not a chance. So it start.

Thanks for listening people.

Old Mar 5th 2001, 5:27 am
Paul & Pat Stuttard

Hi Colin and Brenda,

Firstly I am not a guru in this area. However, I've heard and seen loads of genuine
couples who got married in Australia so that they can be in the country together via
bridging visa while the spouse visa is being processed. I think, someway somehow you need
to get your lover in thecountry first. That is the big stepping stone for you guys. Maybe
you might need to get resolve each of the concerned issues which cause the visa rejected
or start applying for other visa type. That's all I know.

All the Best and Good Luck, Pat.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
said
    >
    >
    >
    >
I
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
as
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
And
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 5th 2001, 7:49 am
Stefan vom Bruch

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Exactly how young is she?

Old Mar 5th 2001, 12:32 pm
Colin and Brenda Perry

>

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
26 and I am 28.

I am thinking I might go and wait in the UK, for the 6-month that the application will sit
on the shelf before being processed. Mainly because I don't think she can get a visa to
study in Australia, until the one year up after her rejection, six months away. The
curious thing was, when I telephoned the Australian Consulate in Turkey/Istanbul, and
besides the rude and condescending attitude I received about the validity of her
applicative, they said "any" visa re-application has a one year waiting period. (Which
they also suggested, "she not bother re-applying for". Is this the typical attitude of
Australian stuff?), does this go for the immigration/spouse visa? If so I might be up for
a one-year wait. The worst part is, try calling the department of immigration for help,
now there's a challenge..

Anyway, I am left with little alternative I believe, just hope the UK winter will be
nearly finished by the time I arrive. =)

Old Mar 8th 2001, 1:25 pm
Rob McCulloch

Hello Paul and Pat Your sympathies and frustrations are shared by many. Because Turkey is
no doubt on DIMA's 'unfavourable' list any Visa they "may"
!!?? get will be endorsed with an 8403 condition that will prevent them getting
any extension or further "sustantive" Visa after the Visa's term expires. Not so for the
"favoured" countries.. Their Nationals have the ability to "transfer" to a Bridging Visa
whilst their Prospective Spouse or Spouse Visa is being processed> And now I hear that
these Visa's are being granted on a "same-day" basis.

What a slap in the face to these Countries and their Citizens.

I wonder that these Countries Ambassadors' and the various "Ethnic Councils" don't take
DIMA to task about these Disriminations. Or let these situations 'colour' their buying
decisions when trading with Australia. (They probably do! )

I am also amazed when I look at DIMA's own statistics for Visa overstayers!

The preponderence of 'Overstayers' of Visa's , both numerically, and in percentage terms,
come from the 'most favoured' Nations on DIMA's lists.

The last time I looked Turkey wasn't even on the List - and it IS a long list....

Paul & Pat Stuttard wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >