Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

HELP PLEASE!! Time served multi skilled tradesman

HELP PLEASE!! Time served multi skilled tradesman

Old Jul 8th 2015, 11:10 am
Just Joined

nobbi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP PLEASE!! Time served multi skilled tradesman

Hi guys,
So I have looked everywhere and I cant seem to find anybody in my position. I am employed as a multi trader in the UK and have the option to gain an NVQ in multi trade maintenance. My fiance and I are looking to migrate to Oz with our 2 children within the next 5 years. My question is, does anybody know if there is an equivalent of this NVQ in Australian terms or whether I would be better off getting my NVQ in just 1 trade or whether I can get assessed over here by Australian recognised organisations rather than bothering with an NVQ atall.
As mentioned Im extremely skilled in a few trades so ideally I dont want to sell myself short with regards to limiting my options if we do make it over. Or perhaps Im looking too far forwards.
We have a couple of years to get everything I need together. It may be possible to get through on my wife to be childcare qualifications too yet.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!
Old Jul 9th 2015, 2:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP PLEASE!! Time served multi skilled tradesman

Originally Posted by nobbi
Hi guys,
So I have looked everywhere and I cant seem to find anybody in my position. I am employed as a multi trader in the UK and have the option to gain an NVQ in multi trade maintenance. My fiance and I are looking to migrate to Oz with our 2 children within the next 5 years. My question is, does anybody know if there is an equivalent of this NVQ in Australian terms or whether I would be better off getting my NVQ in just 1 trade or whether I can get assessed over here by Australian recognised organisations rather than bothering with an NVQ atall.
As mentioned Im extremely skilled in a few trades so ideally I dont want to sell myself short with regards to limiting my options if we do make it over. Or perhaps Im looking too far forwards.
We have a couple of years to get everything I need together. It may be possible to get through on my wife to be childcare qualifications too yet.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!
You only need one skill on the CSOL to be able to get a visa (providing you meet the other criteria). Once you have the visa, if you want to have other skills recognised then you can do so.

You need to check the skills list to see if you can find an occupation that matches the work you do (or some of the work) and then see if you would be able to pass a skills assessment in that occupation. What qualifications do you have?