Help with moving to Queensland

Old Feb 8th 2001, 9:00 pm
jeremy.irons

Hi everyone, My emigration process to Australia so far is going well. Having never been to
Aus we have decided to start in Queensland, perhaps Brisbane if all goes well. I would
like to start planning renting accommodation, but just do not know where to start e.g.
best area, "meet and greet", how much? Is there anyone who has been through all this who I
can E-mail a load of questions? Your help will be most appreciated, many thanks. Jerry

Old Feb 9th 2001, 12:47 pm
Alan Collett

Jeremy,

A site we have found useful is www.realestate.com.au. There you can search on properties
available by location, and there are links to details of real estate agents too.

Once you've decided on an area you want to live in and have the details for say four or
five agents contact them and ask for a fax or email with details of the rental properties
they have on their books.

If schooling is an issue and you're inclined towards an independent school, check out
http://www.aisq.qld.edu.au/schools/schoolslist.html - if you have children of school
age (and you have the flexibility) you might want to choose where to live on the basis
of schools.

Hope this helps to get you under way.

Alan C [email protected] Managing Director The Go Matilda Trading Company Ltd Go Matilda
- Your Gateway to Australia "There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going"

__________________________________________________ __________________________
____
CONFIDENTIALITY & DISCLAIMER NOTICES

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to
which it was addressed and may also be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this
e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any
form whatsoever. If you have received this e-mail in error please e-mail the sender by
replying to this message.

Go Matilda and our staff are not responsible or liable for the contents of this message or
for any actions taken as a result of the advice given herein. Any opinions or
recommendations expressed herein are those solely of the author. Messages sent via this
medium may be subject to delays, non-delivery and unauthorised alteration.

> Hi everyone, My emigration process to Australia so far is going well. Having never been
> to Aus we have decided to start in Queensland, perhaps Brisbane if all goes well. I
> would like to start planning renting accommodation, but just do not know where to start
> e.g. best area, "meet and greet", how much? Is there anyone who has been through all
> this who I can E-mail a load of questions? Your help will be most appreciated, many
> thanks. Jerry