Help with family sponsored visitor visa

Old Jul 22nd 2015, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

angeleno1510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with family sponsored visitor visa

Hi, I am Australian citizen. My fiance is asian and is not eligible for the working holiday visa. We plan to get married and apply for a partner visa. We are trying to figure out a way to get her a visitor visa while waiting for the spouse visa to be done. She just recently graduated from university and has no job, no income or savings, and no properties either. The only tie fir her to her country is her parents. I wonder if there is anyway we can get her a visa into Australia to get married, then lodge the partner visa (without the lengthy wait of a prospective marriage visa), or lodge the partner visa offshore and then lodge the family sponsored visitor visa, given that she will have to leave before her partner visa is granted? We can put up a bond, but what worry us is that we have a baby together and the fact that the baby and me are in Australia can outweight her tie to her family in her country. Any help would be greatly appreciate!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 10:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with family sponsored visitor visa

Originally Posted by angeleno1510
Hi, I am Australian citizen. My fiance is asian and is not eligible for the working holiday visa. We plan to get married and apply for a partner visa. We are trying to figure out a way to get her a visitor visa while waiting for the spouse visa to be done. She just recently graduated from university and has no job, no income or savings, and no properties either. The only tie fir her to her country is her parents. I wonder if there is anyway we can get her a visa into Australia to get married, then lodge the partner visa (without the lengthy wait of a prospective marriage visa), or lodge the partner visa offshore and then lodge the family sponsored visitor visa, given that she will have to leave before her partner visa is granted? We can put up a bond, but what worry us is that we have a baby together and the fact that the baby and me are in Australia can outweight her tie to her family in her country. Any help would be greatly appreciate!!!
You can sponsor her for a Prospective Marriage Visa.
That would be the correct way to go. When the visa is granted she has 9 months to enter Australia, marry, and apply for the Partner Visa.

Visitor visas are for visitors, not people intending to stay here permanently.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You can sponsor her for a Prospective Marriage Visa.
That would be the correct way to go. When the visa is granted she has 9 months to enter Australia, marry, and apply for the Partner Visa.

Visitor visas are for visitors, not people intending to stay here permanently.
Hi Pollyana,
Thank you for your advice. I have thought about it but the processing time for a Prospective marriage visa is as long as the Partner visa now, and it costs extra money to do it that right way. The problem is we have a newborn and it is the best for the baby to live with both parents. Another year of waiting would kill me.. That's why we are so desperate to be together asap
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 11:30 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pollyana,
Thank you for your advice. I have thought about it but the processing time for a Prospective marriage visa is as long as the Partner visa now, and it costs extra money to do it that right way. The problem is we have a newborn and it is the best for the baby to live with both parents. Another year of waiting would kill me.. That's why we are so desperate to be together asap
So you expect DIBP to grant a visitor visa to your partner, with whom you have a baby, when in order to do that they have to believe that she will leave again at the end of the visit? And it sounds like she may be from a high risk country into the bargain? I would say its pretty unlikely, though I guess its possible.

The correct route would be to apply for a Prospective Marriage Visa, or if you are eligible apply for an offshore spouse visa. If you can get them to let you sponsor her, so be it, but I think its unlikely, especially with the baby.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 11:51 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pollyana,
Why can't you sponsor her and in the interim go stay with her in her country? That way you're not apart for the time it takes to do things correctly.
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 12:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why can't you sponsor her and in the interim go stay with her in her country? That way you're not apart for the time it takes to do things correctly.
Thank you both again for your 2 cent. I am going to take a long vacation and go there to get married, then lodge both partner visa and family sponsored one I guess. Just wonder if there is any other better way for this situation. I know it is a mess.

To answer Dorothy's question, I have a permanent job in Australia and it is currently our only source of income as my fiance has to take care of the baby. It will be harder for us if I move since my work experiences and skill set are of no value to obtain a decent job in her country...
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 7:45 am
Home and Happy

Thank you both again for your 2 cent. I am going to take a long vacation and go there to get married, then lodge both partner visa and family sponsored one I guess. Just wonder if there is any other better way for this situation. I know it is a mess.

To answer Dorothy's question, I have a permanent job in Australia and it is currently our only source of income as my fiance has to take care of the baby. It will be harder for us if I move since my work experiences and skill set are of no value to obtain a decent job in her country...
I don't understand what better visas you could want? There's one for her to come to Aus and get married, and the's one that allows you to marry her in her home country and then take her to Australia.
What more are you hoping for?
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I don't understand what better visas you could want? There's one for her to come to Aus and get married, and the's one that allows you to marry her in her home country and then take her to Australia.
What more are you hoping for?

It's snowing those special flakes again