HELP! Confused with all the visas

Old Mar 19th 2017, 10:07 am
Just Joined

TheFarquharClan1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile HELP! Confused with all the visas

Hi guys this is my first post so bear with me.
My wife and I are looking to move over to Australia. I myself work offshore in the oil and gas industry as a lifting services manager traded as a Rigger.
I have looked at the skilled visa but my trade isnt on there hence why i am now in college gaining more qualifications to become an engineer.
Our other option is family sponsorship my father in law is a permanent resident and is a member of the Victoria police service and this would also be an option for me to join the police. The Victoria police are recruiting now but you have to be a permanent resident!
sorry for going on a bit but just want to find out my best route before i start paying for an agent and all they can do is tell me what you guys can.

Thank you
Old Mar 19th 2017, 12:16 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP! Confused with all the visas

You've already seen that your skill is not on a list, so you won't qualify unless it is. Your father in law is not going to be of any use to you unless you have a skill, unfortunately. And as for joining the police, you're very unlikely to be hired with no relevant experience - sorry.

On another note, what does your wife do? Does she have qualifications in anything?
Old Mar 20th 2017, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

What level qualification are you studying in engineering
Old Mar 20th 2017, 7:45 am
Just Joined

TheFarquharClan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys thanks for your replies, i am doing a HNC in mechanical engineering and then i will be completing HND before we make the move.
My wife has no trade unfortunately she works in a retail sector.
what other ways are there if my trade is not on the list?
Old Mar 20th 2017, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheFarquharClan1
Hi guys thanks for your replies, i am doing a HNC in mechanical engineering and then i will be completing HND before we make the move.
There are none. Hence, the majority of people are not eligible for a visa
Old Mar 20th 2017, 11:28 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheFarquharClan1
I'm afraid that HND is not likely to pass the skills assessment for engineering. In order to pass the assessment you're going to need a degree.

As VS says, unfortunately not everyone qualifies for a visa.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 12:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

How old are you and your wife? Perhaps come out on a WHV, do the necessary work and get a second year extension. You may find you don't want to live here after all. Just a thought. Visiting family for a month is a very different thing to living here. Apart from the WHV I don't see any chance of you getting visas unfortunately.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

How closely have you looked at the SOL and CSOL? Don't just look for job titles but look at the duties listed under any occupations that might apply. If you are doing the majority of the duties and have the qualification/ experience required then the actual job title is less important.

As said engineers Australia require degree level quals.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 1:25 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, in the old days you could apply as an engineering technologist, or related, with an HNC, but not any more.

There is the CDR route, which can be weighted towards employment experience, but it doesn't sound like you have the relevant experience for this option.

Regards,

Richard