Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Help/ Advice son wants to work Brisbane IT field

Help/ Advice son wants to work Brisbane IT field

Old Jan 28th 2018, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Scoobydo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help/ Advice job IT field

Hello all,

I have always found this site full of useful information and responses to questions, nice friendly site.
Relative

His field is IT, field
He has now 3 plus years experience and no qualifications.
We are all up to date with the latest changes made last year reg: Visas also his job is on the skills list for this year.

Any suggestions to what visa and should sponsor be more considered than go out there to get work if he was to get a visa.

Any pointers would really appreciate this,
thanks for reading and thank you in advance for any help.

Scooby

Last edited by Scoobydo; Jan 28th 2018 at 10:15 am.
Old Jan 28th 2018, 9:48 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help/ Advice son wants to work Brisbane IT field

Originally Posted by Scoobydo
Hello all,

I have always found this site full of useful information and responses to questions, nice friendly site.

Okay well over 2 years ago my son wanted to work and live in Australia, and pretty much still is going for this.

His field is IT, Programmer Developer Java etc .
He has now 3 plus years experience and no qualifications.
We are all up to date with the latest changes made last year reg: Visas also his job is on the skills list for this year.

Any suggestions to what visa and should sponsor be more considered than go out there to get work if he was to get a visa. He is still under 25 yrs, so realistically work a little longer for more points?

Any pointers would really appreciate this,
thanks for reading and thank you in advance for any help.

Scooby
With no qualifications, your son wouldn't pass the skills assessment for a PR visa at the moment. ACS require a mix of qualification and experience for the assessment. It is possible to substitute experience but this would take at least 6 years of experience I think - and this cannot then be used for points.

Can he look to get any qualifications? Or perhaps find employment with an international company that might be prepared to sponsor him.
Old Jan 28th 2018, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Scoobydo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Old Sparkles ,

if he were to be sponsored i take it would be a 457 and could this lead to PR in the future?

Thanks again
Old Jan 28th 2018, 8:57 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scoobydo
Thanks Old Sparkles ,

if he were to be sponsored i take it would be a 457 and could this lead to PR in the future?

Thanks again
The 457 is being scrapped and being replaced by a similar visa , but no pathways to PR from it.

If he's under 30 he can come on a working holiday visa for a year (2 if he does 3 months of tural work). Or perhaps a student visa to get the qualification he requires?