Health test

Old Oct 17th 2014, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

supercow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health test

Hi Kind folk of the BE forum.

It's been some time since I last posted here, and my journey has been a long one! Things seem to have picked up pace for me of late, and I'm gearing up for my last hurdle.

Now, given the arduous (and expensive) journey I've had so far, my issue might sound silly to most. I have had a needle phobia for the best part of my life. Without going into all the details , rest assured that I'm not asking for advice on how to cope with the blood test, as I've had countless cognitive therapy sessions employing the help of all manner of professionals and quacks alike - nothing you can add to this

My question is pretty simple. Is there any way around NOT doing the blood test?

If the simple answer is NO, then I'll just have to self-medicate with a bottle of red wine and Temazepam to get through it.

Thanks!
Old Oct 17th 2014, 3:06 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health test

Originally Posted by supercow
Hi Kind folk of the BE forum.

It's been some time since I last posted here, and my journey has been a long one! Things seem to have picked up pace for me of late, and I'm gearing up for my last hurdle.

Now, given the arduous (and expensive) journey I've had so far, my issue might sound silly to most. I have had a needle phobia for the best part of my life. Without going into all the details , rest assured that I'm not asking for advice on how to cope with the blood test, as I've had countless cognitive therapy sessions employing the help of all manner of professionals and quacks alike - nothing you can add to this

My question is pretty simple. Is there any way around NOT doing the blood test?

If the simple answer is NO, then I'll just have to self-medicate with a bottle of red wine and Temazepam to get through it.

Thanks!
Sorry but I think you know the answer - red wine is good
Old Oct 17th 2014, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Damn, thought it was - worth a long shot anyway
Got some stockpiled tranquillisers from the previous times I went to sedation clinics to have fillings done - hope the doc / nurse doesn't refuse to work on me haha!
Old Oct 20th 2014, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you discuss this with the clinic when you book. They need to take it into account for when they do your blood pressure readings!!

Seriously you will need to do the blood tests but they are very relaxed, deep breaths and distractions are best. Although red wine sounds good to me
Old Oct 20th 2014, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Make sure you discuss this with the clinic when you book. They need to take it into account for when they do your blood pressure readings!!

Seriously you will need to do the blood tests but they are very relaxed, deep breaths and distractions are best. Although red wine sounds good to me

I'll tell them to ignore my drunken stupor and stick me when I pass out
Old Oct 21st 2014, 11:31 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supercow
I'll tell them to ignore my drunken stupor and stick me when I pass out
I feel for you. My (adult) daughter also has a needle phobia, so you can imagine the fun and games when she was diagnosed with insulin dependent diabetes I know it won't be pleasant for you, but you will get through it one way or another and there's a great goal to aim for. Best of luck (and I concur about the wine)