Health check request

Old Sep 21st 2015, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

nilv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health check request

Hi all,

My application got allocated to a case worker and I have been requested to sort the police clearance and my health checks so that's great news yipee.

As I am divorced, there was a section to fill in the form about non-migrating dependents - in my case, a 6 year old son who lives with the ex in another country. The case worker has also requested a health check for my son despite him not migrating with me as part of this application and it is a tricky issue as things are not great with the ex so getting a health check done for him would be a challenge I am not keen on pursuing now.

Is there an option to request the case worker to waive the health check for my son as he is not migrating with me in this particular application and to proceed with my individual application?

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks,
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 12:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health check request

Originally Posted by nilv
Hi all,

My application got allocated to a case worker and I have been requested to sort the police clearance and my health checks so that's great news yipee.

As I am divorced, there was a section to fill in the form about non-migrating dependents - in my case, a 6 year old son who lives with the ex in another country. The case worker has also requested a health check for my son despite him not migrating with me as part of this application and it is a tricky issue as things are not great with the ex so getting a health check done for him would be a challenge I am not keen on pursuing now.

Is there an option to request the case worker to waive the health check for my son as he is not migrating with me in this particular application and to proceed with my individual application?

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks,
Your case officer may accept your explanation, especially as the child is in another country, but they may want something like a letter from your ex refusing permission for the medical.
The reason for asking is that if anything happens to your ex, and you get custody of the child, then the child will be looking to migrate to Australia, so they would like to know whether there are any medical issues likely to come up.
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

nilv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Your case officer may accept your explanation, especially as the child is in another country, but they may want something like a letter from your ex refusing permission for the medical.
The reason for asking is that if anything happens to your ex, and you get custody of the child, then the child will be looking to migrate to Australia, so they would like to know whether there are any medical issues likely to come up.
OK - thanks for the response. I will explain my situation to the case worker and see what she has to say...
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 3:31 am
Just Joined

Onion Bhaji is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nilv
OK - thanks for the response. I will explain my situation to the case worker and see what she has to say...
What kind of visa did you apply for? And when did you lodge your application?