Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Granted second stage 100 partner visa But....

Granted second stage 100 partner visa But....

Old Mar 12th 2012, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold
Default Granted second stage 100 partner visa But....

I received notification that both our son and I have been granted the second stage spouse visa today.

But according to the letter it only gives rentry until 6th March next year! This is in bold at the top of the letter. "Notification of a Patrner (BC 100) visa. Multiple re-entries on this visa permitted until 06 March 2013"

Beneath is the template "About your visa" where it states the partner visa has a rentry period of 5 years. But this appears to be a template not specific to our application.

I've emailed AHC but don't expect a reply for a few days at least. But has anyone heard of this happening before? I'm baffled as to why we would only get a year long visa. Maybe something to do with the new RRV rules?
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Granted second stage 100 partner visa But....

Are you able to check your visa status online to see what it says?
Old Mar 12th 2012, 9:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellyj
I received notification that both our son and I have been granted the second stage spouse visa today.

But according to the letter it only gives rentry until 6th March next year! This is in bold at the top of the letter. "Notification of a Patrner (BC 100) visa. Multiple re-entries on this visa permitted until 06 March 2013"

Beneath is the template "About your visa" where it states the partner visa has a rentry period of 5 years. But this appears to be a template not specific to our application.

I've emailed AHC but don't expect a reply for a few days at least. But has anyone heard of this happening before? I'm baffled as to why we would only get a year long visa. Maybe something to do with the new RRV rules?
Certainly doesn't sound right, I've not come across a PR Spouse without the 5 year validity before, and it shouldn't have anything to do with the RRv rules - you shouldn't need a RRV till you've had 5 years PR.

Congrats on getting the visa - hope you get an answer to the query fairly quick
Old Mar 12th 2012, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold

Nope cant check vevo, have asked AHC for a password in my email to them. I'm hoping it's a typing error as it's not something I've heard of before but they change the rules so frequently you never know!
Old Mar 17th 2012, 12:49 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellyj

Absolutely doesn't make sense. The subclass 100 visa is a 5 year multiple entry visa. Was the visa granted in London or by a DIAC office in Australia? Either way, you need to contact the relevant office.

If they don't answer or refuse to correct it, you need to contact DIAC Central Office in Canberra and if that doesn't work, your Australian sponsor should contact the Minister's office.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It may well just be a clerical error. When our visa was granted they took 10 years off my age............I wish!

I just e-mailed the case officer and he amended the date straight away.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you, it was granted in Australia but we've since come back to the UK due to being unable to get work.
They have yet to reply to my email so I will have to phone them on Monday and see what they say.