Got only 3 months for First entry

Old Sep 23rd 2015, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

venkates77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got only 3 months for First entry

Hi All,
Yesterday I got my subclass 189 visa grant notification for myself and my family members. But the sad part is that, I along with my spouse and kids are provided only 3 months to make our first entry to Australia (before 22-December-2015). Due to some personal reasons travelling to Australia is very difficult within this given timeline. I am worried that all my efforts in the past 1 year or so in obtaining this visa will be of no use due to this situation. Please help me with the following questions,

1) Is there any way DIBP may grant an extension for my first entry for another 3-6 months (till June-2016)?
2) what happens if I decide to make the first entry alone myself without my family ?

Last edited by venkates77; Sep 23rd 2015 at 6:47 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 9:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got only 3 months for First entry

Originally Posted by venkates77
Hi All,
Yesterday I got my subclass 189 visa grant notification for myself and my family members. But the sad part is that, I along with my spouse and kids are provided only 3 months to make our first entry to Australia (before 22-December-2015). Due to some personal reasons travelling to Australia is very difficult within this given timeline. I am worried that all my efforts in the past 1 year or so in obtaining this visa will be of no use due to this situation. Please help me with the following questions,

1) Is there any way DIBP may grant an extension for my first entry for another 3-6 months (till June-2016)?
2) what happens if I decide to make the first entry alone myself without my family ?
It is unlikely an extension will be granted as the first entry date is based around the date of medicals / PCC which should not normally be older than 12 months at time of first entry.

If only you validate your visa then only you will have a valid visa.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 10:07 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got only 3 months for First entry

Originally Posted by venkates77
Hi All,

Unlikely unless you have a very good reason (death in the family, etc). Simply not being able to go because it's not convenient is not usually good enough for DIBP.
Your family's visas will expire and you will have to apply for spouse/child visas for them.
You do not have to stay in Australia when you validate. You can book a ticket so you land and turn right around and go home on the next flight out. All you need to do is have your passports stamped and your visas validated.