Going NT; help plz??

Old Mar 23rd 2015, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

HopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Going NT; help plz??

Hi

After a long struggle seeking the 189, I have ended up with option of NT visa 190 or 489!
I do not have links, job offers or studied in NT, shall I go to 489 directly, or try my luck with the better 190?
Also, my passport will expire next month, can I still send the certified copy to the NT, or should I issue a new one?

Many thanks...
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 4:26 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going NT; help plz??

Originally Posted by HopeShines
Hi

After a long struggle seeking the 189, I have ended up with option of NT visa 190 or 489!
I do not have links, job offers or studied in NT, shall I go to 489 directly, or try my luck with the better 190?
Also, my passport will expire next month, can I still send the certified copy to the NT, or should I issue a new one?

Many thanks...
If it were me I'd be looking at the 190 but I'd renew my passport first.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

HopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much
But why 190 while I dont have its requiements?
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 7:36 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much
You said in your original post that one of your options was the 190 visa - if you don't meet the requirements for this visa, then how is it an option?
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 8:27 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much
The requirements for a 489 or 190 nomination look pretty similar to me. Given you don't have any existing ties to the NT, can you show you've completed extensive research to relocation and living in the NT?
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You said in your original post that one of your options was the 190 visa - if you don't meet the requirements for this visa, then how is it an option?
Sorry for mispicking the words, I meant "if I didn't meet the requirements in my opinion".
So what is yours? why did you suggest the 190 while there are no links or job offers from NT?
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by msmyrtle
The requirements for a 489 or 190 nomination look pretty similar to me. Given you don't have any existing ties to the NT, can you show you've completed extensive research to relocation and living in the NT?
Yes, I can.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 2:57 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for mispicking the words, I meant "if I didn't meet the requirements in my opinion".
So what is yours? why did you suggest the 190 while there are no links or job offers from NT?
Oh - I remember you now.

I'll gladly give you my opinion. You're a very rude person.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 8:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You said you met the requirements. What else can we do but believe the words you type?
Of course she suggested the 190 when you said you met the requirements, its the logical choice.

How about apologising for typing the wrong thing and bieng misleading, instead of just attcking someone who tried to help you?
Old Mar 24th 2015, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, will you pls show me how I was very rude and misleading?? I have picked the wrong words for explaining my status for 190 and apologized, then asked why did you choose the 190?? what is worng with that???

Anyway, thanks for your kind help...
Old Mar 24th 2015, 2:21 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, will you pls show me how I was very rude and misleading?? I have picked the wrong words for explaining my status for 190 and apologized, then asked why did you choose the 190?? what is worng with that???

As msmyrtle says, the requirements for both are similar (taking her word - I haven't checked) so if you don't meet the requirements for the 190, how do you meet them for the 489.

And if you didn't want the suggestion of going for the 190, and only want to go for 489, why did you ask the question? Reassurance?

At the end of the day they can only say yes or no, but if you don't ask you are guaranteeing the no!
Old Mar 24th 2015, 2:42 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Spouse of Scouse is Australian, she has no need for a 190. However you didn't ask why she chose it, you asked why she suggested it - she didn't! You were the one that mentioned it
Old Mar 24th 2015, 2:50 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
As msmyrtle says, the requirements for both are similar (taking her word - I haven't checked) so if you don't meet the requirements for the 190, how do you meet them for the 489.

And if you didn't want the suggestion of going for the 190, and only want to go for 489, why did you ask the question? Reassurance?

At the end of the day they can only say yes or no, but if you don't ask you are guaranteeing the no!
489 and 190 do look pretty similar, apart from being able to do the 489 as a pathway from one of the provisional visas.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think the point is that NT are being very fussy about the 190 visa as they are fed up with people leaving the state before the two year are up. As we know it is only a moral obligation to stay as you have PR.
Even if people have the points for a 190 they are offering people the 489 if they do not have sufficient ties to the state to make them commit to staying to get PR.

To the OP it seems that they offer the 489 to people applying for the 190 who they do not feel have sufficient ties, so worth applying as you won't waste the fee, or at least that is how I understand it. You can always e mail NT to check.

Other states are less fussy but if people keep on leaving they may well tighten up too.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 6:24 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by rammygirl
I think the point is that NT are being very fussy about the 190 visa as they are fed up with people leaving the state before the two year are up. As we know it is only a moral obligation to stay as you have PR.
Even if people have the points for a 190 they are offering people the 489 if they do not have sufficient ties to the state to make them commit to staying to get PR.

To the OP it seems that they offer the 489 to people applying for the 190 who they do not feel have sufficient ties, so worth applying as you won't waste the fee, or at least that is how I understand it. You can always e mail NT to check.

Other states are less fussy but if people keep on leaving they may well tighten up too.
Quite right too. I think one of the biggest abuses of the system for years has been the way people abandon the obligations of a 190 without even talking to the State or Territory concerned. If NT are tightening up then good on them, and lets hope the others follow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.