Working Self Employed in Australia

Old Mar 8th 2018, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Ksheps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working Self Employed in Australia

Hello! I’m hoping you might be able to offer some advice? I’m a self employed acupuncturist currently working in the UK however I am trying to assess my options moving to Australia to be with my boyfriend.

I’m struggling to find the appropriate visa? Can anyone shed any light on the visa to work self employed?
Old Mar 8th 2018, 11:46 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Self Employed in Australia

Originally Posted by Ksheps
Hello! I’m hoping you might be able to offer some advice? I’m a self employed acupuncturist currently working in the UK however I am trying to assess my options moving to Australia to be with my boyfriend.

I’m struggling to find the appropriate visa? Can anyone shed any light on the visa to work self employed?
Not sure there is one - I think you used to be able to do some sort of self sponsored temporary 457 application but not certain. Best advice would likely be to approach a MARA agent.

Other than that, you can try general skilled migration if your occupation is on the skills list and you can meet the criteria; partner visa if boyfriend = de facto partner and you have the evidence; or if young enough, maybe working holiday visa with view to partner visa when / if relevant.