Frustration

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 1:50 am
Rob Nicholson

I intend to move to Australia to marry someone with whom I've been invlved for three
years. I am familiar with each visa class, how sponsorship works, etc. The frustrating
thing is that all the immigration I read about are highly skilled workers, a ton of IT
professionals, engineers, telecoms, etc.

I have half of my college finished, have solid work experience in various jobs, have a
clear criminal record, don't owe the US goverment any taxes, etc. Is there room for just
an average Joe from the US? The only reason I'm moving there as opposed to her coming here
is that she has a lot more family that I just couldn't bear to take her away from. Will it
be advisable to return to Australia, with a police clearance prearranged to be shipped out
a few months later, marry, apply, and take the medical exams? We are growing tired and
weary of being apart. DIMA understands that we are human, and just want to be back
together, right? Her parents have agreed to grant us the lower level of their home
throughout the time it may take to receive TR/Work priveleges, in other words, offer
issuance of support, Does this sound plausible?

--Rob N.

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 10:35 pm
Dawndy

You said you have been involved with a girlfriend for 3 years, right? Want to ensure that
I got this right...your g/f is an Australian and have you both lived together for at least
12 consecutive months in the 3 years together? If you have, then that means you're able to
either apply for DeFacto or Prospective Spouse Visa. Just thought that could help you.

Good luck.

Dawn-- (came out here on Prospective Spouse visa -- was granted in 17 weeks after applying
for it.) http://members.optushome.com.au/dawndy13

> I intend to move to Australia to marry someone with whom I've been invlved for three
> years. I am familiar with each visa class, how sponsorship
works,
> etc. The frustrating thing is that all the immigration I read about are highly skilled
> workers, a ton of IT professionals, engineers, telecoms,
etc.
>
> I have half of my college finished, have solid work experience in various jobs, have a
> clear criminal record, don't owe the US goverment any taxes, etc. Is there room for just
> an average Joe from the US? The only reason I'm moving there as opposed to her coming
> here is that she has a lot more family that I just couldn't bear to take her away from.
> Will it be advisable to return to Australia, with a police clearance prearranged to
be
> shipped out a few months later, marry, apply, and take the medical exams? We are growing
> tired and weary of being apart. DIMA understands that we
are
> human, and just want to be back together, right? Her parents have agreed
to
> grant us the lower level of their home throughout the time it may take to receive
> TR/Work priveleges, in other words, offer issuance of support,
Does
> this sound plausible?
>
> --Rob N.
>
>