Family looking to emmigrate

Old Dec 17th 2015, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

jimlad007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family looking to emmigrate

Hello everyone, my name is James. Myself my wife and our two children want to move to australia. A friend of mine lives in Melbourne and is willing to house us until we are sorted.

I am a glazier/window fitter which is on the list of skilled migration etc I have been for 15yrs. I have looked into work in that area and have had interest and companys asking if I would require sponsorship. I am 31 and my partner is 23 and would be able to work part time. Now I have done the points tests etc qnd only get a score of 40. I have an Uncle who lives in australia and is a citizen aswell as a cousin. Now my score of 40 is that it our dream in the dirt?

We have over 10k in savings and we currently have no major commitments as were living with parents. Also what would happen about schooling as our eldest is in her first year at school. Sorry for the essay but if someone could help make things clearer for us that would be amazing, i have contacted a migration agent to see if I can get some clearer answers. Thankyou Merry christmas
Old Dec 17th 2015, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family looking to emmigrate

Hi Jim Lad

Whilst if you are on a UK passport you do not need to take the English test if you take the test you have the potential to obtain an additional 10 or 20 points. There may be other places that points can be gained? I'd be happy to take a look if you wished to contact me.

Tee
Old Jan 1st 2016, 9:20 am
Just Joined

jimlad007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been speaking to my friends i n Australia they said I should apply for a 189 visa so then I can work doing other things. What do I have to do to start applying for this as the government websites are so confusing!
Old Jan 1st 2016, 10:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimlad007
I have been speaking to my friends i n Australia they said I should apply for a 189 visa so then I can work doing other things. What do I have to do to start applying for this as the government websites are so confusing!
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)

Thats the link for info on the 189. Have a good read of that and then come back with the inevitable questions
Old Jan 1st 2016, 10:44 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot apply directly for a visa - you need to be invited to apply.

The first thing you need to do is see if you can pass the skills assessment for your occupation. For most trades this will be a combination of qualifications and experience, although it is possible sometimes to just use experience. Having a qualification that is recognised by the skills assessing body is likely worth 10 points. With a valid skills assessment and proof of English ability you can lodge an EOI (Expression of Interest) and with enough points you can get invited to apply for a visa. Which visa will depend on how many points you can get independently.

There are also points for skilled experience - experience gained after you qualified. 3 years is worth 5 points, 5 years = 10 points, and 8 years or more = 15 points. All this can be found on the government website.

If with age, qualification and experience you do not reach 60 points then you can take the English test to gain points - or look for state sponsorship, etc.

Given that the process can be very time consuming you may want to consider using a MARA registered agent like TeeTMI. Others often recommended are Go Matilda and George Lombard but you can check for other agents on the MARA register.
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Before you can apply you have to lodge an expression of interest. Before you lodge the expression of interest you need to ensure you gave the required points and a positive skills assessment.

You have previously indicated that you only had 40 points, which is very strange for a 31 year old. You get 30 points for age alone, then presumably you have a trade qualification which is another 10 points, you can take an English test for either 10 or 20 points and you must have some work experience under your belt which will provide up to 15 points.

If you secured state sponsorship then another 5 points is available fo the 190 visa. The 190 visa is the same as the 189 other than it is sponsored.

So for now your focus is skills assessment and points, not the visa application. If you break it down into steps then it becomes more manageable. However if you reallly do not like paperwork or reading through websites, then getting an agent to handle your application would make a lot of sense.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 10:09 am
Banned

yaxisoverseas is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, you are right that your occupation is in demand in Australia & is listed on the demand list, however, you would need to meet the criteria for any of the skilled migrant visa which require relevant education & experience too.

Your relatives too can add points & your language proficiency scores will help you improve your chance to qualify and apply for the GSM (General Skilled Migrant) visa.

This would require planning so that your move does not effect your children’s education & future.

I wish you good luck.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 3:47 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by yaxisoverseas
Yes, you are right ....
Could you contact me please about your username.

Thanks