Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Extending Skilled Migration VF 475/489 visa

Extending Skilled Migration VF 475/489 visa

Old May 8th 2014, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

CherryB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
It's not forbidden to have one to one conversation

Also as a new member, CherryB cannot use the pm system yet.
Ok. Thank you. I will make some more posts.

Originally Posted by SAREGO
Hello CherryB.......you need to apply for renewal of your visa under 489 extended pathway.As per DIBP website we did apply for extension but not heard anything yet as it may take 6months to process the visa. Once you apply you automatically get Bridging visa A. (we got it). for more details pm me as it is forbidden to have one to one conversation on this site.
Sargeo, I will send you a private message and you can tell me all about it

Last edited by old.sparkles; May 8th 2014 at 10:57 pm.
Old May 8th 2014, 11:00 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extending Skilled Migration VF 475/489 visa

Immigration issues are best discussed in open forum so the advice is available to everyone - and if anything is missed or incorrect, others with experience can add or correct.
Old May 13th 2014, 2:32 am
Just Joined

SAREGO is an unknown quantity at this point

To all future visitors to this thread.......if you are on 475 visa and need extra time to meet the visa conditions such as 12months work/24months stay in regional area, you can apply for extension of your visa under subclass 489 extended pathway. we did apply for extension of our 475 visa and our visa has been granted today. It took 3months to process the application and we need to submit most of the documents again to get the extension. Please note visa extended from initial issue date only. i.e 4years from initial issue date of our 475 visa. We got 9months more, though we needed only 3months.
Old May 13th 2014, 2:34 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

To all future visitors to this thread.......if you are on 475 visa and need extra time to meet the visa conditions such as 12months work/24months stay in regional area, you can apply for extension of your visa under subclass 489 extended pathway. we did apply for extension of our 475 visa and our visa has been granted today. It took 3months to process the application and we need to submit most of the documents again to get the extension. Please note visa extended from initial issue date only. i.e 4years from initial issue date of our 475 visa. We got 9months more, though we needed only 3months.
Thanks for the update SAREGO - and congrats on the extension
Old May 13th 2014, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

CherryB is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your all your help.
Old May 23rd 2014, 1:50 am
Just Joined

howe155 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sergio,

thx for the inputs.... can you let me know exactly what documents?
also based on your timeline.... can I presume that extend 475 visa we need 3 months ahead of expiration?

did you apply on your own or did you went with an agency?

thx
Jeff here
Old May 23rd 2014, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by howe155
Hi Sergio,

also based on your timeline.... can I presume that extend 475 visa we need 3 months ahead of expiration?

thx
Jeff here
Hi Jeff and welcome to BE

The member you are quoting is SAREGO not Sergio.

There is a document checklist on the skill select site - http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx (look under visa applicants tab - document checklist extended pathway.
Old May 23rd 2014, 2:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by howe155
Hi Sergio,

thx
Jeff here

Hi Jeff,
These are docs: Primary applicant- tenancy contract, pays lips, Police clearance from all countries in last 10yrs, birth certificate. Spouse- evidence of English + PCC+birth cirtificate. Kids-birth cirtificate. Also submitted passport copies and pp size photos for all applicants.

We applied six months in advance before visa expiry date. I applied my own no agent involved.
Old May 23rd 2014, 2:23 am
Just Joined

howe155 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi Jeff and welcome to BE

The member you are quoting is SAREGO not Sergio.

There is a document checklist on the skill select site - http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx (look under visa applicants tab - document checklist extended pathway.

thx sparkles for the quick reply....and sorry Sarego....
yup found the web site and will read on... once again thx sparkles
Old Jun 30th 2014, 11:00 am
kvs
Just Joined

kvs is an unknown quantity at this point

-------------

Dear Friends

Greetings.
I am KVS writing to you from UAE.
I have a SA state sponsored subclass 475 regional visa which was granted on 24 Jan 2012, I did the Initial Entry on 18 Oct 2012. So my visa expiry date is 18 Oct 2015 and is seen in VEVO online. Also i was there for 27days last nov2013 and came back to Dubai.

Due to some personal unexpected reasons(death) within my family i was unable to move well before and currently moving permanently by mid Sep 2014 in which case i will fall short of 11-12 months to be eligible for a PR.

I sincerely request you to review the above scenario of mine and request your valuable advice that whether this way will work , Am i eligible for the 489 - 1 year renewal visa ? and is the renewal would be done from my initial entry date ? i pray it should not be on grant date.
By this way i would become eligible for applying a PR on 887 visa after completion of 1 year extension. If this is all possible , how and when should i apply for the 1 year extension , what kind of docs needed ? Your advice will help me to work forward on the permanent move, Thank You - KVS
Old Jul 1st 2014, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kvs
-------------

Dear Friends

Greetings.
I am KVS writing to you from UAE.
I have a SA state sponsored subclass 475 regional visa which was granted on 24 Jan 2012, I did the Initial Entry on 18 Oct 2012. So my visa expiry date is 18 Oct 2015 and is seen in VEVO online. Also i was there for 27days last nov2013 and came back to Dubai.

Due to some personal unexpected reasons(death) within my family i was unable to move well before and currently moving permanently by mid Sep 2014 in which case i will fall short of 11-12 months to be eligible for a PR.

I sincerely request you to review the above scenario of mine and request your valuable advice that whether this way will work , Am i eligible for the 489 - 1 year renewal visa ? and is the renewal would be done from my initial entry date ? i pray it should not be on grant date.
By this way i would become eligible for applying a PR on 887 visa after completion of 1 year extension. If this is all possible , how and when should i apply for the 1 year extension , what kind of docs needed ? Your advice will help me to work forward on the permanent move, Thank You - KVS
Hello KVS, As I have mentioned on my previous post as per current rules for extending 475 visa it is done on visa issue date not initial landing date. Since your visa isssued on 24jan2012, if you apply for extention you will be given visa up to 23jan2016. I am 200% sure about this rule as my visa extended from visa issue date only. All current 489 applicants are given 4years visa when they issue 489 visa in the beginning, for them no extension possible. Old applicants holding 475 visas are issued for 3yrs so extension is given from the visa issue date.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 3:06 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hello KVS, As I have mentioned on my previous post as per current rules for extending 475 visa it is done on visa issue date not initial landing date. Since your visa isssued on 24jan2012, if you apply for extention you will be given visa up to 23jan2016. I am 200% sure about this rule as my visa extended from visa issue date only. All current 489 applicants are given 4years visa when they issue 489 visa in the beginning, for them no extension possible. Old applicants holding 475 visas are issued for 3yrs so extension is given from the visa issue date.
I love seeing people who've been helped then coming back and helping others. Well done SAREGO
Old Jul 1st 2014, 4:47 pm
kvs
Just Joined

kvs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarego, thank u for your reply.However I got to know from Diac also that for my case it wud be extended on the initial entry date becos I have applied this visa from offshore.ie outside Australia.I believe for people who applied this visa from onshore will get extension based on visa grant date since they where present in Australia when they lodged the visa and hence extension given on grant date.So I request you to consider this way and wish to get a reconfirmation from the forum. I verified this on phone with Diac but still wish to check with all members of forum so that I make a correct decision on my permanent move.

Also if in case it is on grant date will I have any option of bridging visa to accommodate the 2yrs living for additional 9 months after 1yr extension. Kindly reply, thanx.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

kapkhera1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kvs
Hi Sarego, thank u for your reply.However I got to know from Diac also that for my case it wud be extended on the initial entry date becos I have applied this visa from offshore.ie outside Australia.I believe for people who applied this visa from onshore will get extension based on visa grant date since they where present in Australia when they lodged the visa and hence extension given on grant date.So I request you to consider this way and wish to get a reconfirmation from the forum. I verified this on phone with Diac but still wish to check with all members of forum so that I make a correct decision on my permanent move.

Also if in case it is on grant date will I have any option of bridging visa to accommodate the 2yrs living for additional 9 months after 1yr extension. Kindly reply, thanx.
Hi Kvs,

I am also in same situation. Do you have any confirmation on the extension. Whether it will be given on visa grant date or based on initial entry date. Please respond.

Regards,
KK
Old Sep 28th 2014, 10:41 am
Just Joined

WIandVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,
we are also on 475 regional sponsored visa.
We already met the visa condition of 1 year work and we need to live only 6 months to complete 2 years stay condition.

Some months ago we had to go back to our country for family reasons and we cannot move again to OZ shortly .
Our visa expires in Sept. 2015 and we would like to get an extension in order to have more time to arrange our next move.

Our questions are:
- can we apply from overseas for 1 year extension (489 visa extended stay pathway)?
- If it is possible, do we have to wait for 489 to be granted before going to OZ ? Or can we continue using our 475 visa before its expiry date ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.