Expired Visa

Old Jul 9th 2010, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

mckenziekeeperlit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expired Visa

Hi there,

Just a quick question regarding my Austrailan permant residence visa. I moved over when I was 16, using my visa, but for whatever reason I did not enjoy it and decided to come home.

Now that I have just turned 21, I have decided that very much like to move over to Australia again, but my Visa expired almost exactly one year ago.

Is there any way I can sort something out, to have my visa renewed, so that I can give it another shot? I didn't obtain a RRV before I came home, or anything even similar.

Thanks very much in advance for any help / advice
Old Jul 9th 2010, 7:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expired Visa

Originally Posted by mckenziekeeperlit
Hi there,

Just a quick question regarding my Austrailan permant residence visa. I moved over when I was 16, using my visa, but for whatever reason I did not enjoy it and decided to come home.

Now that I have just turned 21, I have decided that very much like to move over to Australia again, but my Visa expired almost exactly one year ago.

Is there any way I can sort something out, to have my visa renewed, so that I can give it another shot? I didn't obtain a RRV before I came home, or anything even similar.

Thanks very much in advance for any help / advice
How long were you resident in Australia? And did you move with you family - if so, are they still here?
Old Jul 9th 2010, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

I actually wasn't there for long, when I got the visa opened at first, I went to New Zealand to stay with my grandparents until they got their NZ Citizenship, then we were all meant to go to Australia together, problem is, I hated New Zealand and went home.

My Grandparents are now in Australia, along with 2 of my uncles. My Dad lives in New Zealand.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 10:35 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I actually wasn't there for long, when I got the visa opened at first, I went to New Zealand to stay with my grandparents until they got their NZ Citizenship, then we were all meant to go to Australia together, problem is, I hated New Zealand and went home.

My Grandparents are now in Australia, along with 2 of my uncles. My Dad lives in New Zealand.
Probably best to go to see Ian Harrop and see if you can make any case for an RRV (be prepared to pay for assistance): http://www.ianharrop.co.uk

All seems very odd ... your parents applied for Australian visas, but ended up in New Zealand?
Old Jul 10th 2010, 7:15 am
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

The way I read it, was that the whole family wanted to go to Australia, but couldn't get in. So they all went to NZ to get citizenship so that they could get into Oz via the backdoor. McKenzies Dad decided to stay in NZ when the rest of the family went to Oz. Mckenzie went back to whatever country they all came from in the first place without getting citizenship in NZ and is now stuck without a permanent right to live and work in either place.

Your Mileage May Vary, but it is one possible interpretation.

WP
Old Jul 10th 2010, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
The way I read it, was that the whole family wanted to go to Australia, but couldn't get in. So they all went to NZ to get citizenship so that they could get into Oz via the backdoor. McKenzies Dad decided to stay in NZ when the rest of the family went to Oz. Mckenzie went back to whatever country they all came from in the first place without getting citizenship in NZ and is now stuck without a permanent right to live and work in either place.

Your Mileage May Vary, but it is one possible interpretation.

WP
Pretty much spot on mate, only my Dad and I got australian visas, as we were going to go over after i finished school. my dad ended up meeting a woman, and had a child, so ended up staying there.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 3:40 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much spot on mate, only my Dad and I got australian visas, as we were going to go over after i finished school. my dad ended up meeting a woman, and had a child, so ended up staying there.
So if you are a UK citizen how did you get to be in New Zealand in the first place?

What you say still doesn't make much sense. When exactly did you get an Australian visa and what exactly does it say on the visa label?
Old Jul 11th 2010, 11:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

JAJ - FYI there is another thread HERE
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:47 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
JAJ - FYI there is another thread HERE
Gets more complex by the minute Thanks for the link
Old Jul 20th 2010, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
So if you are a UK citizen how did you get to be in New Zealand in the first place?

What you say still doesn't make much sense. When exactly did you get an Australian visa and what exactly does it say on the visa label?
From what I gathered in the past, holders of an Oz PR, can travel freely between Oz and NZ. I planned to live with my grandparents in New Zealand until they obtained their NZ citizenship, so we could all go to Oz together.

My visa began on July 12 2004, and expired on July 12 2009. From what I can remember, it said on the label, 'holder may remain in Australia indefinately' or something to that effect.

I'm really sorry for confusing you all, I'm trying to explain it as best I can.

There's a more detailed explanation from the very beginning on the other thread, the link is above.

Last edited by mckenziekeeperlit; Jul 20th 2010 at 2:55 pm. Reason: Forgot to add detail.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 4:48 pm
Home and Happy

From what I gathered in the past, holders of an Oz PR, can travel freely between Oz and NZ. I planned to live with my grandparents in New Zealand until they obtained their NZ citizenship, so we could all go to Oz together.

My visa began on July 12 2004, and expired on July 12 2009. From what I can remember, it said on the label, 'holder may remain in Australia indefinately' or something to that effect.

I'm really sorry for confusing you all, I'm trying to explain it as best I can.

There's a more detailed explanation from the very beginning on the other thread, the link is above.
I think the best advice is to contact Ian Harrop, as mentioned further up the thread. Your visa would have allowed you to remain inside Aus past the expiry date, but as you were outside, you will need a good case in order to get a RRV. Get in touch with Ian Harrop and see what they can do
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think the best advice is to contact Ian Harrop, as mentioned further up the thread. Your visa would have allowed you to remain inside Aus past the expiry date, but as you were outside, you will need a good case in order to get a RRV. Get in touch with Ian Harrop and see what they can do
Ok, thanks for the advice mate!